PMS SubJunk Build

Download and discuss official beta builds here

PMS SubJunk Build

Postby SubJunk » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:54 am

This build has been replaced by Universal Media Server.
Last edited by SubJunk on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:37 am, edited 22 times in total.
SubJunk

Re: PMS SubJunk Build

Postby maugus » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:28 am

Hi Subjunk, could you please build a OSX version. Thank you !
maugus

Postby mcavity » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:41 pm

nice. it seems to clear up my subtitle problems.. I'll keep working with it and let you know any thing I find.
mcavity

Postby mazey » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:01 pm

great, the main thing i wanted was a update to the ffmeg/mencoder etc without all the custom stuff offered in the community builds which i never used. i love the new icon too :) ill let u know if anything bugs out on me. keep it up :)
mazey

Postby SubJunk » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:25 pm

maugus wrote:Hi Subjunk, could you please build a OSX version. Thank you !
Hi, sorry I'm not sure how to do that :( Is there a guide somewhere?

mcavity wrote:nice. it seems to clear up my subtitle problems.. I'll keep working with it and let you know any thing I find.
Great, can you tell me what exactly your subtitle problems were?

mazey wrote:great, the main thing i wanted was a update to the ffmeg/mencoder etc without all the custom stuff offered in the community builds which i never used. i love the new icon too :) ill let u know if anything bugs out on me. keep it up :)
Glad you like it, thanks for the feedback! :)
SubJunk

Postby devildog93 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:02 am

Sweet. I managed to achieve the same results as this by myself, but compiling an actual release is a GREAT step in the right direction. Good job SubJunk!

I have done my basic tests to see how this works, and it works VERY, VERY well.

"Go to" works.....but all the time. I can jump around back and forth without loss of sync whether transcoding/remuxing/or str8 streaming.
ASS/SSA support works BUT, with the added advantage of updated MEncoder/MPlayer at the same time. Sweet.

However, I have found that, as in the "Franken-version" I created myself, MP4's with subs are unstable. Either "data corrupt" or fast forwarding out of sync.
I am wondering if maybe a MediaInfo.dll update compiled into this might help????
Just throwing that out though, I have no idea what is causing this. If I mux these same MP4's into MKV's, they work fine with subs.
It is merely the container that seems to decide if they work or not.

Other than that.......OH FRIGGIN YEAH!!!.......I forgot to mention the new icon.......LOVE IT!!!!

I did also notice that my instance on the XMB is labelled "PS3 Media Server" with this version......bear with me.....

Before, it was named "PS3 Media Server:[Co-Kane]" It had my computer name behind it.

In networks with multiple instances of PMS, like mine, a way of labelling would be nice. I will do some searching in the forums here with regards to this. I would really like to be able to have all instances of PMS to be this version......so distinguishing the different servers could be pretty important.

Again, other than that.....awesome work. So much better than the Community build IMO
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
devildog93

Postby devildog93 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:48 am

Wanted to let you know I am having issues with .rar file playback with this issue as well. Even #transcode# folder navigation seems unable to force the file to play.

Not a big deal as I have resigned myself to the fact that .rar files are "touch and go", so I often extract them myself, but this might be a deciding factor for other users.

Anyone else having .rar file issues?

Though similar to the "franken-server" I assembled, it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice to just uninstall, then re-install a compiled version.
Before, I had to uninstall, re-install, then manually add MEncoder/MPlayer updates, FFmpeg update....etc. etc.
Now, the re-install process is much easier if needed.

Great job SubJunk!!!!!!
devildog93

Postby Juniorflip » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:19 am

I was referred by Devildog93. I like that the ASS can be enabled however if an mkv has a font attached to it, it will not use that font. (I have tried with both fontconfig enabled disabled). How does the fontconfig work with a mkv with a font attached. Second issue is one that I posted with the community build is the vobsub subtitle color is white outline with clear font making it hard to read. Did you see a way to change a vobsub color that is already muxed inside a .mkv. I am using makemkv to extract the movie.
Juniorflip

Postby SubJunk » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:30 am

Firstly, I've updated the build. Please download the new one from the first post :)

devildog93 wrote:Sweet. I managed to achieve the same results as this by myself, but compiling an actual release is a GREAT step in the right direction. Good job SubJunk!

I have done my basic tests to see how this works, and it works VERY, VERY well.

"Go to" works.....but all the time. I can jump around back and forth without loss of sync whether transcoding/remuxing/or str8 streaming.
ASS/SSA support works BUT, with the added advantage of updated MEncoder/MPlayer at the same time. Sweet.
Thanks a lot for all the encouragement, it has made me happy :)

devildog93 wrote:However, I have found that, as in the "Franken-version" I created myself, MP4's with subs are unstable. Either "data corrupt" or fast forwarding out of sync.
I am wondering if maybe a MediaInfo.dll update compiled into this might help????
Just throwing that out though, I have no idea what is causing this. If I mux these same MP4's into MKV's, they work fine with subs.
It is merely the container that seems to decide if they work or not.
I'm not sure if it will help either, but I have updated MediaInfo in 1.0.1 since it can't hurt :)

devildog93 wrote:I did also notice that my instance on the XMB is labelled "PS3 Media Server" with this version......bear with me.....

Before, it was named "PS3 Media Server:[Co-Kane]" It had my computer name behind it.

In networks with multiple instances of PMS, like mine, a way of labelling would be nice. I will do some searching in the forums here with regards to this. I would really like to be able to have all instances of PMS to be this version......so distinguishing the different servers could be pretty important.
Good point, I have fixed that in 1.0.1 :)

devildog93 wrote:Wanted to let you know I am having issues with .rar file playback with this issue as well. Even #transcode# folder navigation seems unable to force the file to play.

Not a big deal as I have resigned myself to the fact that .rar files are "touch and go", so I often extract them myself, but this might be a deciding factor for other users.
Is it the same with the official build or have I broken something?

Juniorflip wrote:I was referred by Devildog93. I like that the ASS can be enabled however if an mkv has a font attached to it, it will not use that font. (I have tried with both fontconfig enabled disabled). How does the fontconfig work with a mkv with a font attached.
Not sure what you mean by "font attached". Do you mean with the font file inside the mkv container? If so, it works for me.
Make sure you have the correct language options specified.

Juniorflip wrote:Second issue is one that I posted with the community build is the vobsub subtitle color is white outline with clear font making it hard to read. Did you see a way to change a vobsub color that is already muxed inside a .mkv. I am using makemkv to extract the movie.
Is it the same with the official build?
SubJunk

Postby devildog93 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:47 am

devildog93 wrote:
Wanted to let you know I am having issues with .rar file playback with this issue as well. Even #transcode# folder navigation seems unable to force the file to play.

Is it the same with the official build or have I broken something?

OK. Here is where I am at.

I now have one instance of your first release.
I have one instance of your latest realease.
And I have one instance of the stock Official build of 1.20.412.

All 3 are running simultaneously, each on their own computer.

Upon further testing, I have discovered that the official release will not play my .rar files. So you haven't broken anything there as far as I can tell.

The weird thing though, is that I did have .rar files working with the official release.....but my "franken-version" of the official release.
Something I did to it made the .rar files playback flawlessly.
Here's the kicker, I did so many changes, and tried so many different combos, that as of right now, I can't confirm which MPlayer/MEncoder update combination permitted successful playback. Or if it was the FFmpeg update or MediaInfo........or any combo of various different engines/files. And being I was so happy to see these releases, I pretty much scrapped all my PMS "goody" folders with various builds of different engines/files. I will see if I can track my engine versions down from that release, but no promises.

Basically I somehow had it going myself, but can't tell you how....lol Sorry.

As far as MP4's with subs, they still seem to be stubborn, either black screening, stuttering for no reason, no audio, or FF'ing like they are on some KILLER drugs.....lol (GB network that nearly never stutters, buffer full) Will keep experimenting, but I had this problem with the official build as well so no loss there.

I just find it funny now that I have nearly 100% playback with MKV, and now MP4's (only w/subs) are giving grief......It's hilarious that, at least in my case, MKV are now the "stable" container. :shock: If I mux these MP4's to MKV, I get perfect playback even with subs.

The computer name shows up now, so this makes identifying easier. Right on.

You can have faith that I will be experimenting thoroughly with your builds....and I think I will keep the layout in my network the way it is with the various versions for a while. Just so I can compare them all.

Overall, excellent job SubJunk. I think many people will be happy with this release.

BTW.....the shutdown.jar plugin works with both your releases.....just thought I'd let you know, in case anyone else is curious as well.
devildog93

Next

Return to Beta Builds