GrooveShark plugin!! (Updated 2012-02-07)

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: GrooveShark plugin!!

Postby SharkHunter » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:43 pm

The fix was easier than expected. Here is a new verison (that at least worked now). It also makes use of the new search feture (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8780), but if that patch is not added then all should be as normal. Hmm, can't upload zip file...Try to find a new way to distribute this...

Solved it removed some old zip files
Last edited by SharkHunter on Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SharkHunter

Postby blahdc » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:45 pm

Just registered to say thank you SharkHunter for creating this project and keeping it alive! I was having the same problems rets was, going to try the new version out tonight! :D
blahdc

Postby Dysp » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:23 pm

I have no clue what to do. I have added the .jar file in the plugin folder. Now what? I am not into programming/debugging at all. I am just a user. So what to do?
Dysp

Postby Dysp » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Figured out how to search. Thats just stupid ;)

Well, why not add an interface to the PC Client that lets me browse Grooveshark? Then I can handle search etc. on my computer and just use the PS3 at target for wireless stream?
Dysp

Postby SharkHunter » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:07 pm

This interface exists. In your "gs_path" folder a file "gs_searches.txt" will exitsts (or create it). This contains searches made + you can add your own search strings. The format is string,type. For example:
fear of the dark
fear of the dark,Songs
fear of the dark,Albums
iron maiden,Artists

NOTE! The first two is eaqual, that is the type "Songs" are default.
SharkHunter

Postby SharkHunter » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:01 pm

Found some issues with the last version (all related to the new search system). I also saw some issues in the search core of my PMS patch will distribute them shortly...
Last edited by SharkHunter on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SharkHunter

Postby Smalbenet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi! I use my ps3 with a 3G internet connection. With 3G you get a long resonse time so the plugin doesn't seem to work. I've read something about gs_plugin.init_delay and think it might help by increasing it? But where do I increase it?
Smalbenet

Postby SharkHunter » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:07 pm

In the PMS.conf file. Noramlly found (on windows) under c:\program\ps3mediaserver or so.
SharkHunter

Postby Smalbenet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:39 pm

Thanks for your answer. Now i got it working once:)

I see alot of GS block in the debug.log. Do you need to open a specific port or something?

[New I/O server worker #1-3] DEBUG 21:33:55.611 GS input stream block 14
[New I/O server worker #1-3] DEBUG 21:33:56.618 GS max blocked reached
Smalbenet

Postby SharkHunter » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:08 am

The GS block crap is internal debug and basically it tells you (or rather me) that the download speed from grooveshark is slower than what your render (ps3/bravia etc.) reading speed is.

This is a basic problem some people in this thread as observed. The init_delay can help solve it (it delays the start of the streaming and allows the song to be buffer up some data). But I've seen that there are some limits here. For example you can't set the init_delay to a very long time (say 30sec or so) because then your render will give up. And the same happens if the download is to slow. The plugin tries to solve this issue by waiting (or block) for data (if the download is slower than the streaming).

The message "GS max blocked reached" means that the plugin gives up, there has been no new data from grooveshark for the last 15 seconds.
SharkHunter

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins