Flac files not playing in version 1.04 (Problem identified)

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Flac files not playing in version 1.04 (Problem identified)

Postby lapyip » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:42 am

Hi,

I cannot play any .flac files since upgrading to version 1.04 from 1.03. When I tried to run .flac files, I got the "Not supported data format" message (in Chinese). I've searched the forum but could not find any information on similar problem. Version 1.04 has been working great for me on the video side especially the "Copy" function (I have a slow machine and use subtitles all the time to watch movies). I cannot go back to Version 1.03.

My system is
Pentium 4
Window XP
wired connection

Any help will be much appreciated.

EDIT: "Please see the work-around below, it seems to affect WMA files as well. I've read that the COPY function will be a permanent function in the next version. Could it affect playing flac, wma or other audio file types?"
Last edited by lapyip on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
lapyip

Re: Flac files not playing in version 1.04 (Problem Found)

Postby lapyip » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:58 am

I found the problem after reinstalling verison 1.03 & 1.04 a couple of times. Flac files played well in version 1.03 and in the default setting of version 1.04. However, if I enabled the "Enable transcoded video copy on PS3" option in the Navigation/Share Settings of version 1.04, flac files would not play anymore. I tried enabling & disabling the option a few times to confirm this.

Of course, what I need to do to work around this problem is to disable the video copy option whenever I want to play flac files. However, I do use the video copy function frequently because of my slow system. Switching back & fro is a little inconvenient. Hope this can be fixed in the next version.

Great program though, I've enjoyed it tremendously.
lapyip

Re: Flac files not playing in version 1.04 (Problem Found)

Postby Badhabit07 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:50 pm

lapyip wrote:I found the problem after reinstalling verison 1.03 & 1.04 a couple of times. Flac files played well in version 1.03 and in the default setting of version 1.04. However, if I enabled the "Enable transcoded video copy on PS3" option in the Navigation/Share Settings of version 1.04, flac files would not play anymore. I tried enabling & disabling the option a few times to confirm this.

WOW! Thank you very much. I had a similar problem with all my WMA files. When I upgraded from v1.03 to 1.04 they stopped working. I had tried a lot of things, but not the one your are mentionning here. I disabled the "Enable transcoded video copy on PS3" and BINGO, my WMA are working back like they used to be.

Thanks a lot for sharing this little "fix", you made my day!

Ciao!

Mart
Badhabit07

Return to General Help and Support