New Dev Need Help

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

New Dev Need Help

Postby wubs » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:20 pm

I'm new to Java and PMS and want to improve some plugins. I have a lot of experience with c++ and networking, but this stuff is new to me.

Anyway, I downloaded/installed the following.

jdk-6u22-windows-i586.exe
netbeans-6.9.1-ml-windows.exe
MovieInfo SourceCode 31082009.zip (I want to fix it since it is broke and doesn't do things I would like it to do..)

Using netbeans, I created a new java library project called movieinfo and closed it.

I copied/pasted the source code from the mediainfo dir within the movieinfo zip into the src dir of the project I created.

I reloaded the the project I created in netbeans and see some errors..

So, I copied the pms.jar file to the main project directory I created with netbeans.

I added the pms.jar library to the project and saw 99% of all error messages go away. The only error message I see is the line that says "package net.pms.movieinfo;". The IDE says "Incorrect Package" I don't know how to fix this..

But, I tried to compile and it said successful.

I copied the created jar file to the plugins with the config file this plugin needs and nothing..

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Is this specific to the Package error I see in the IDE or am I compiling with the wrong versions of the tools?
wubs

Re: New Dev Need Help

Postby wubs » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:52 pm

FYI,

Ok.. I found out why it was complaining about Incorrect Package.. I guess I needed the source code to be in specific directory stucture.. net.pms.movieinfo and net.pms.movieinfo.plugins.

I recompiled without any errors or warnings and still don't see it running.. :(

I don't see PMS loading the plugin within the trace either.. It doesn't give any error messages why it doesn't load it.. :(
wubs

Postby taconaut » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:53 pm

You need to include a file called plugin containing the package.class in your jar for pms to load it. Have a look in a plugin jar for an example.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby wubs » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:41 am

Thanks.. One step forward.. Two steps backwards.. It now sees the plugin, but complains about not finding the class for the plugin.. I'm debugging right now to see what I broke.
wubs

Postby wubs » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:56 am

Ahh, got it.. Thanks.. Now to start learning.
wubs

Return to Developers