3D FULL SBS mkv's

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

3D FULL SBS mkv's

Postby deus777 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:48 am

hi

has anyone managed to get 3D FULL SBS mkv files to stream to a ps3?
deus777

Re: 3D FULL SBS mkv's

Postby barbrit » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:43 am

yes i have, i had a 3d blue ray iso i used the latest version of dvdfab it has a 3d blu ray ripper and converted the blu ray iso to mkv and it works great
barbrit

Postby tinmanuk » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:11 pm

yep, streamed 'how to train your dragon' mkv from ps3 media server on my pc to my ps3 and watched on a panasonic vt20, perfect :mrgreen:
tinmanuk

Postby ttimmerm » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:41 pm

I have about a dozen 3D sbs mkv files from a great site 3dsbstorrents dot com. The problem is that only 3 of them play. Coraline, Bolt, and Dinosaurs. the remaining ones will play for about 5 seconds, and then freeze. I have a quadcore 2.4 with 4 gig ram, hardwired all the way through to my ps3 and up onto my Samsung un55c8000. Any ideas as to why some will play and some wont would be greatly appreciated.
ttimmerm

Postby ttimmerm » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:44 pm

forgot to mention that i am running latest build of PSM, with fully updated mencoder and mplayer for sound issues noted in another forum;

Ok, got it figured out...

First up, download an update to mencoder & mplayer
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayer ... 1878-mt.7z

Extract the files somewhere..

Now replace the files mencoder.exe & mplayer.exe in the "PS3 Media Server / win32” directory with the ones from the download.

Now copy and rename the file from the downloaded file mencoder.exe to mencoder_mt.exe and replace the one in the "PS3 Media Server / win32"

So in short, you have just replaced 3 files in the "PS3 Media Server / win32" directory with 2 from the download.

Now check your settings in Media Player;
under 'General Settings'/'Common Transcode Settings' make sure 'Remuxed when Audio Tack is AC3' is checked. As shown below
Click on image for full size view.

Under MEncoder make sure 'Enhanced Multicore Support' (if obviously you have a multicore CPU) is checked and 'Switch to TsMuxer' is also checked.
Click on image for full size view.

restart your puter and PS3 and give it a go.

* Apparently this is because when the movie was encoded, it was set to encode with a feature called “header removal compression” explicitly turned on.
ttimmerm

Postby burn » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:51 pm

ttimmerm I tried exactly what you said it and came back with "data is corrupted" this is the file in question \Bolt.3D.2008.BluRay.FULL.SBS.DTSHD.x264.dxva-EuReKA
burn

Postby burn » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

tinmanuk wrote:yep, streamed 'how to train your dragon' mkv from ps3 media server on my pc to my ps3 and watched on a panasonic vt20, perfect :mrgreen:

hey bud i have the same tv as you, can you explain to me how you got there.
burn

Postby tinmanuk » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:35 pm

burn wrote:
tinmanuk wrote:yep, streamed 'how to train your dragon' mkv from ps3 media server on my pc to my ps3 and watched on a panasonic vt20, perfect :mrgreen:

hey bud i have the same tv as you, can you explain to me how you got there.

install latest version of ps3 media server on pc, link pc to ps3 using a network cable, hdmi cable into av reciver and from there into tv ( or straight to tv if no av reciever )
run ps3 media server and add your directory of films to it, in transcoder engine, video files engine tick on keep dts audio in stream and DTS flac all others not ticked in my set up. next select mencoder and tick enhanced multi core support if you have it, a/v syns alternative method and switch to Tsmuxer.

turn on ps2 and go to video option, select ps3 media server and search for your video and play, turn tv to 3d manually if not auto selected and bob on 3d specs :mrgreen:

let me know how you get on
tinmanuk

Postby ttimmerm » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:51 am

I got it figured out on my end. Latest build of PMS, plus you need to install AVIsynth found here; http://sourceforge.net/projects/avisynth2/
open PSM, under transcoding settings/MEncoder, unclick "Switch to txMuxer when H264 video.............."
Also make sure Avisynth is enabled under Avisynth/MEncoder.
Common transcoding settings all are unchecked except "DTS/FLAC"
Plays all my SBS 3d MKV files flawless.
Let me know if it works for you :)
ttimmerm

Postby burn » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:55 pm

"The data type is not supported" I've done everything you guys have done to the T. I don't know what I am missing. It has to be something so minute that I am just passing over it. All files are up to date, all configurations match yours. What else is there

Ok I went to the site you quoted above and dl'ed a file and that one seemed to work. I guess it will be hit or miss for awhile.
burn

Next

Return to General Help and Support