Transcoding engine prioritization by folder [solved]

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Transcoding engine prioritization by folder [solved]

Postby saeba79 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:22 am

Ok, Sorry! I'm feeling quite dense today....

The readme states that:
If you have some movies who plays well with the tsMuxer engine, and nonetheless want mencoder as your default engine, you can add [tsmuxer] at the end of this folder.

This is a bit vague for me. I suspect this is pointing to the "folders = " line in the pms.conf file, but I've been unable to figure out the exact syntax to get it to work. For my system, the default encoder is AviSynth/Mencoder = [avsmencoder], but I'd like one folder to be Mencoder = [mencoder]. How does one do that?

folders = F:\\,H:\\,N:\\,G:\\Ortberg [mencoder],G:\\Drive G BitTorrent

Doesn't work. And I did scan the forums extensively for an answer, but my searches failed me.

Thanks!
Last edited by saeba79 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Quad Q6600 2.4ghz, 6gb memory, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, D-Link DAP-1522 Xtreme-N Duo Wireless Bridge/Access Point, PS3 w/40gb, 61" Samsung 1080P DLP TV
saeba79

Re: Transcoding engine prioritization by folder

Postby saeba79 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:38 am

OK.

It was really as stated, just not in the way I would have stated it :D!

"you can add [tsmuxer] at the end of this folder" ....

I would state it as:

"then add [tsmuxer] at the end of the folder name"

so..... if you have a folder, G:\Ortberg and you want everything in that folder (but not any subfolders!) to be transcoded by something other than the default transcoding engine, rename the folder to G:\Ortberg.[<engine>] (for example: G:\Ortberg.[mencoder]). This will then change the default transcoder for the folder to [mencoder].

Simple!
Intel Quad Q6600 2.4ghz, 6gb memory, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, D-Link DAP-1522 Xtreme-N Duo Wireless Bridge/Access Point, PS3 w/40gb, 61" Samsung 1080P DLP TV
saeba79

Return to General Help and Support