GrooveShark plugin!! (Updated 2012-02-07)

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: GrooveShark plugin!!

Postby SharkHunter » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:46 am

Hi all,

I've been gone for some while but now I got some time this weekend to fix this plugin again. The new version should solve all changes GrooveShark made since last time.

Album and playlist search now works fine (it might still be tricky to find what you searched for). The plugin will sort albums based on track number but if you use XBMC for instance it sorts the results based on its own settings.

Comments are welcome :)

Edit!!!

This version seems to be broke (after some grooveshark update). Use 0.33 found later in this thread.
Last edited by SharkHunter on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SharkHunter

Postby frold » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:29 pm

Hey,

Thank you for developing this plugin...

But I would like a some more info about howto use this plugin...

I did put the jar-file in the plugin folder but what to do next?
frold

Postby spoon » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:39 pm

Very good question...

I've added:

Code: Select all
gs_plugin.tiny = true
gs_plugin.path = D:\\PS3 Media Server [Installed]\\plugins

to PMS.conf but still nothing...

Help?

/EDIT

Ok got it show up on my PS3 just to find out most of the stuff doesn't work lol

Browsing through letters A-Z gives nothing ...
spoon

Postby SharkHunter » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:58 am

Ok the search system is crap. What you do when browsing through A-Z is that you build up a search string which you later can submit to GrooveShark. I tried on my Bravia and on XBMC. On the Bravia the folder on top gives shows the string entered so far. On XBMC nothing is showed. When you select that folder you'll see the the search and you can play song etc. If you think this search system sucks yo can open a file called "gs_searches.txt" in the directory specified at "gs_plugin.path". In this file you can enter search strings by using your favourite text editor. Enter text on format <string>,<type>per line. String is any string you want to search for (like fear of the dark) and type is one of Albums,Artists,Playlists,Songs. If type is omitted Songs are assumed. The contents of this file can then be accessed via the "Saved searches" folder.

I don't think you need to use tiny anymore. So remove gs_plugin.tiny for now.

Hope things became more clear? Maybe I should add a README?
SharkHunter

Postby Uxinn » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi SharkHunter,

Nice work on the grooveShark plugin.
I'm running my ps3-mediaserver on my linux box so I had to make small adjustments to .classpath within the gs_plugin.jar to make it work. (replaced c:\program files.... with relative path ../pms.jar )
But I still can't play anything ( I see songs in the list, but unplayable content ).

I suspect this might be because you are using Mplayer to encode, well you posted earlier about using VLC also - is that an easy change ?

Regards,
Uxinn
Uxinn

Postby SharkHunter » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi,

Please post the debug.log file so I can have a look. I don't think neither mplayer nor vlc is used. The files from GrooveShark are real MP3s which I think most renders play nativly.
Try and increase the gs_plugin.init_delay. It defaults to 3000 (millisecods). Try 5000 or something...

It might also be that GrooveShark has plugged a hole and nothing works...
SharkHunter

Postby Uxinn » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:30 pm

I just got this in my log
TRACE 20:46:13.741 Media renderer was not recognized. HTTP User agent :Windows-Media-Player-DMS/12.0.7600.16385
Smells like the User-Agent string connection.setRequestProperty("User-Agent","Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100407 Firefox/3.6.3");
? or not ? I'm just guessing :)

Downloaded your code from gitHub, is the code upto date there?
Attachments
debug.log.gz
debug.log
(20.93 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Uxinn

Postby SharkHunter » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:51 am

"TRACE 20:46:13.741 Media renderer was not recognized. HTTP User agent :Windows-Media-Player-DMS/12.0.7600.16385" is just you windows media player saying that it is alive. Don't look at github. The code is old (very old) and I'm poor at updating...

Looking at your debug file I see that download starts (and actually completes sometimes) but sometimes it hangs, the plugin don't get any data for a while and then it will give up, or the PS3 gives up on its own. There is a problem here I've noticed before. The song fetching from the net (=grooveshark) must keep up with the render (=PS3) reading. When the downloading stops (or goes too slow) the plugin will wait but if the plugin waits too long the render will give up and you'll see some error printout. Try increasing the init_delay some more.
SharkHunter

Postby rets » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:33 am

Heya, I cant seem to get this plugin to work. I followed the instructions and I can see a GrooveShark entry on my PS3. However, when I try going into any of the options (songs, popular, saved searches - from my txt file) I get "There are no tracks". What am I doing wrong?
rets

Postby SharkHunter » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Probably beacuse GrooveShark plugged some hole here. I'll try and look into it....

It turns out grooveshark changed some things. Currently it looks fairly simple to fix but who knows what has been changed once we open the box....
SharkHunter

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins