No sound on newer MKV files?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: No sound on newer MKV files?

Postby bman » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:16 am

I can't seem to get mkclean to work at all, tried every way to write it. And thats just annoying.

What files am I suppose to change...where do I get the new ones?
bman

Postby mactwistz » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:59 am

Im on same setup of scepticer exept im on a core2 duo pc . Ive try the fix but he dont work , I use multi mkv file with french and english on the same mkv. Ive always use the transcode folder and played it with tsmuxer. i dont know if someone can pack ps3media folder and the file he can work for me , i use vlc 1.xx too , maybe i need to return to 0.9x to get it work. Thx for helping me , ++
mactwistz

Postby jscott99 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:17 pm

M3DD3RS wrote:
mboi wrote:
SirReal wrote:The problem seems to be a "bug" in MEncoder. I just replaced MEncoder.exe and it's associated folders with a newer version and audio is working fine now. Not sure yet if this will create new problems but everything is working fine so far.

I found MEncoder here: http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php

This seems to have worked for me so far.

Cheers :D
Working for me too :D :D :D

Sorry this may be a silly questions, but whick file do you download. I am unfamiliar with the various versions and the MEncoder site listed above has many different options/versions available to download. Is there a specific file I should download? I have an AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
jscott99

Postby mcavity » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:38 pm

I replaced the mencoder file and now my 720 p mkvs work better. yay! however subtitle don't work as well. [they act a bit weird and sometime show things they should not] any advice on fixing that?
mcavity

Postby devildog93 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:06 am

mactwistz wrote:Im on same setup of scepticer exept im on a core2 duo pc . Ive try the fix but he dont work , I use multi mkv file with french and english on the same mkv. Ive always use the transcode folder and played it with tsmuxer. i dont know if someone can pack ps3media folder and the file he can work for me , i use vlc 1.xx too , maybe i need to return to 0.9x to get it work. Thx for helping me , ++

VLC is used for web-streaming. Nothing to do with MEncoder or transcoding. Unless you are streaming web content, don't worry about it.
devildog93

Postby Rouven » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi,

I replaced the files with the new one.

But now PS3 Media Server plays no VIDEO TS Files....

I get the message no supportet files found.....

What can I do? Do you have the same Problem:
Rouven

Postby jasonkoelling » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:51 am

This fix worked for me. Thank you.. I had 2 .mkv files that were showing corrupt on my ps3 and now are working after this fix.
jasonkoelling

Postby okaythen » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:22 am

hi guys on newer mkv I can't play the file at all... PMS says the file is corrupted, even when I go to transcode folder and try to play it, it still says the file is corrupted but when I play it on pc it's fine. so far the movies that have this problems are prince of persia , macgrubber. Older mkv it still plays fine, anyone else got this problem? how do I fix this? also when I try to play the files it crashes tsMuxer.
okaythen

Postby gastric » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:42 pm

I replaced my mencoder_mt.exe per the previous suggestions couple pages ago and can report it did indeed fix my MKV issues. Files that previously wouldn't play correctly now do. I quickly tested a couple AVI and found no issues. I don't use subtitles often and didn't bother to test that. Whew! :)
gastric

Postby YK_Ho » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:04 pm

I tried to play 3 types of MKV (Dolby Digital, DTS, FLAC) each time I replaced an exe.

And here is what I found:
1. MPlayer-p4-svn-31878.7z/mplayer.exe;
DD:OK, DTS:OK, FLAC:NG
+ 2. MPlayer-p4-svn-31878-mt.7z/renamed file to _mt.exe
DD:OK, DTS:OK, FLAC:NG
+ 3.MPlayer-p4-svn-31878.7z/mencoder.exe
DD:OK, FLAC:OK, DTS:NG,

*Setting:
Keep DTS in stream: Checked
DTS/FLAC to LPCM: unchecked
AC3 no re-encode: checked
DVD re-encode: checked
Others are "default", untouched after PMS (409) installed

Of course, if I have the "DTS in stream" unchecked and "DTS/FLAC to LPCM" checked,
the DTS MKV will play as LPCM, but it's not real DTS no more.

I truly appreciated for the mencoder fix,
but just hoping an improved ver. ,w/o excluding DTS, would come out soon.
Peace
YK_Ho

PreviousNext

Return to General Help and Support