PS3 Media Server Cover Generator Application

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PS3 Media Server Cover Generator Application

Postby meskibob » Sun May 30, 2010 2:02 pm

@Freggie
meskibob wrote:Folder images not possible til DLNA/Sony supports it.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby quepaso » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:27 am

Would it be possible to make a pre-set that doesn't use a disc and makes the image as large as possible with a blu-ray cover? I honestly think the disc takes up space for no reason along with the movie into like 1080p, etc. I'd love a version where i can just use the picture of the disc as large as possible. Thanks.

Love the software btw, ive done over 400 png's with it, but i've always felt the pics were too small.
quepaso

Postby koshia » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:36 am

@ Freggie

Make your thumbnail, put it in any folder you wish (collectively in one folder of course). Name it the exact title as your movie filename. E.G if a movie is called The.Dark.Knight.1080p.DTS.mkv <-- your image name should be: The.Dark.Knight.1080p.DTS.png // In your PMS settings under Navigation > Share Settings > Alternate Cover Art Folder > *Browse the location of where you saved your thumbnails to* It should work afterwards.

Edit- I did not read your post carefully. But as quote by the other two, PS3 software currently does not support folder images.
koshia

Postby Lagaaja » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:32 am

Generator is great, but I think it misses some important features.

1. It should have option to upload the image for cover from your computer. I have 600+ movies on computer and each has folder.jpg/bmp/png in it. PS3 shows the pics right but it would be nice to have those bluray/grey edges on them so I could instanly see if the movie is bd-rip or something else. To do this I would have to search over 600 images from internet manually (because Amazon images are terrible).

2. Scaling could need some fixing aswell, it would be great if pictures could be "over-scaled" (because they often have white borders etc).
Lagaaja

Postby joykill » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:17 pm

Great app!
Request: scanning feature for picking up existing movies on HD, and batch applying pics? I understand the results may be off since of the rescaling and whatnot, but Im sure that could be resolved by analyzing the size of the pics on amazon and modifying the code accordingly?

About the background thingie: does anyone know what the installed game folder structure looks like on a ps3? Without knowing even a bit about that stuff: trick the ps3 to think its a game it sees, and use the folder structure to show background images like they do in games? I guess its hard to force the ps3 to show dlna servers in any other XMB place than the default ones though?
Or, if you copy the movie to the ps3, but put it in game folders instead?
Flame on, I have no clue what im talking about :D
joykill

Postby Metrodad » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:31 pm

Hi Bozster,

It's great what you've done. I seem to be having 'last mile' issues though. Followed your instructions and in my movie folder I ended up with ended up with nameofmovie.mkv and beside it your cover nameofmovie.mkv.png I expected the .png cover to show up on the PS3 screen but it doesn't. Am I doing something obvious wrong here?

Any tips?

Thanks

Metrodad
Metrodad

Postby Niriel » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:28 am

Hi Metrodad,

if the movie is named nameofmovie.mkv the cover has to be named nameofmovie.mkv.cover.png

best regards
Niriel
Niriel

Postby Metrodad » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:00 am

Niriel,

Got it, thanks.

Metrodad
Metrodad

Postby spoon » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:10 pm

Has this website been taken down?

http://www.worldinhidef.com/ps3ms/thumbnailgenerator/

Code: Select all
The connection has timed out     

The server at www.worldinhidef.com is taking too long to respond.

*   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
          moments.

*   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

*   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

So much for generating my thumbnails...
spoon

Postby jenkles316 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:57 pm

it's up now.
jenkles316

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins