GrooveShark plugin!! (Updated 2012-02-07)

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: GrooveShark plugin!!

Postby BantryRed » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:34 am

Don't know how to add zip file to PM. So here it is. The song was downloaded to new dir, and I can play it from WMP, so the prob I think is not there. I'm using Shark 007 codec package if thats any help. Thanks for this.
Attachments
debug.zip
(10.37 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
BantryRed

Postby BantryRed » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:48 am

New one
debug.zip
(12.47 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
BantryRed

Postby SharkHunter » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:30 am

Hi All!

Uploading a new version of the grooveshark plugin. This time with cover art support. But when you are too quick with your hacking you don't see what the rest of the world has done. The Gs plugin uses it's own cover art finding instead of the one the PMS has. I'll fix this later on. If you have a slow network you might need to give the system some time to buffer the song. By default this is 3 seconds. This might however be too short. To chage this add gs_plugin.init_delay=xxx where xxx is the delay time you wan (NOTE that it should be in milli seconds). If you se this to -1 you'll download the whole song first. Your renderer might not be happy with too long delays so try with diffrent values.
The search mechanism still sucks (this should be fixed some time).

Still use the TinySong API. If not using it the odds of gettig playable songs are low.
Last edited by SharkHunter on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
SharkHunter

Postby BantryRed » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:42 am

Still no joy. :(

debug.zip
(16.08 KiB) Downloaded 161 times

In the Dir file, it is saving ",Songs" in the "gs_searches.txt" file. It is showing no file found in the GrooveShark folder on the PS3.
BantryRed

Postby SharkHunter » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Until I get the search method to work (which it really never had) add search strings to the "gs_searches.txt" file.
SharkHunter

Postby SharkHunter » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi all again.

New version of the plugin with improved cover handling, some changes in the buffering. Since the search system still doesn't work I've added support for grooveshark playlists. To access a playlist via grooveshark a an entry to your saved searches file (the file called "gs_searches.txt") which looks like playlistname,Playlists. Then search for the playlist. You'll of course get a loat of entries (espcially if your playlist name is "myplaylist" or similar). Once you fond the one you were looking for just select it and the plugin will create a cahed version of the playlist. The next time you can access your play list via the "Playlist tab".

For me searching via grooveshark directly doesn't work (but tiny song does) so try to change the tiny switch.
Last edited by SharkHunter on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SharkHunter

Postby SharkHunter » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:25 pm

OK time for a new version. Now the search system also works. But it is quite hard to use. The saved searches and playlists are there to simplify. For me the normal grooveshark search does not work (grooveshark blocks me maybe) but I can stream if I do the search via tinySong so experiment yourself with the tiny song switch.
Last edited by SharkHunter on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SharkHunter

Postby BantryRed » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:07 pm

Set my init delay to 3000, this works ok so far, have to play around with it a bit. Thanks
BantryRed

Postby viperfx » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:17 am

can somone please just outline a guide on how to use this. I put the file inside the plugins folder, i use the beta build v409. There was not PMS.conf file too, so i edited the others. The trace on the ps3mediaserver is this
Code: Select all
[main] TRACE 01:17:09.808 Detected plugin net.pms.external.Gs_plugin
[main] TRACE 01:17:12.568 Gs 0.30 using path C:\Users\tharshan\AppData\Local\Temp\javaps3media\gs_plugin tiny mode false init delay 3000

Any help please?
viperfx

Postby SharkHunter » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:55 pm

I've been "unblocked" from grooevshark again so I can run with the normal api agian :). Done some minor updates since grooveshark changed some things. Please note that the album/artist search really sucks (on grooveshark that is) and it is quite difficult to search for album xxx and just get the songs from xxx. Construct a playlist instead.
Last edited by SharkHunter on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SharkHunter

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins