WMA Stopped working since v1.04

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

WMA Stopped working since v1.04

Postby Badhabit07 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:21 pm

Hello,

Is it only me? I can see all my WMA files with the album arts, but when I try to listen to them, it gives me the "Not supported file" message. It was working great in v1.03.

wma is in the box "Force transcode for the following extensions (coma separated):"

Ciao!

Mart
Badhabit07

Re: WMA Stopped working since v1.04

Postby shagrath » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:45 pm

if these are lossless/DRMs wma, you should put wma in "skip transcode" rather than in "force transcode"
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Badhabit07 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:26 pm

shagrath wrote:if these are lossless/DRMs wma, you should put wma in "skip transcode" rather than in "force transcode"

No, they are DRM free and compressed WMA @ 192Kbps. They were working great with v1.03 when you added the possibility to force transcoding for the wma files. Somehow, it does not work anymore in v1.04 (for me...).

Thank you,

Ciao!

Mart
Badhabit07

Postby shagrath » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:30 pm

yeah right I mixed up everything, wma are transcoded by default anyway
please post your debug.log, something must be broken

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=496
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Badhabit07 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Here is the details.

1- INTEL Q6600 2.4GHz 2GB RAM
2- Gigabit
3- Compressed, DRM free WMA not transcoded/played
4- Music
5- For the debug.log, I have tried with the wma in the force transcode option, without forcing it and with the wma extension in the do not transcoded field. Hope this will help.

In the debug file, there is a message saying that the host stopped transcoding or something like this, so it might be on my side the problem.

Ciao!

Mart

PS: The "upload attachment" won't accept any file type, it always says "The extension log is not allowed" So, do you want a big copy-paste in this thread?
Badhabit07

Postby Topguy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:31 pm

Badhabit07 wrote:PS: The "upload attachment" won't accept any file type, it always says "The extension log is not allowed" So, do you want a big copy-paste in this thread?

No, I guess he wants a small compressed .zip or .rar file.
Topguy

Postby Badhabit07 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:29 am

Topguy wrote:
Badhabit07 wrote:PS: The "upload attachment" won't accept any file type, it always says "The extension log is not allowed" So, do you want a big copy-paste in this thread?

No, I guess he wants a small compressed .zip or .rar file.

Well, STUPID ME! :roll: It worked with a zipped file, tank you for the info.

Shagrath, the file is attached to this msg.

Ciao!

Mart
Attachments
debug.zip
WMA Stopped working since 1.04 thread
(30.37 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Badhabit07

Postby shagrath » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:44 am

don't understand why this was working before.. (maybe you changed the ps3 firmware ?) I think the mime type is wrong, you see them as mp3s, right ?
If yes, I fixed that the other day, so let's hope :p
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Badhabit07 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:42 am

shagrath wrote:don't understand why this was working before.. (maybe you changed the ps3 firmware ?) I think the mime type is wrong, you see them as mp3s, right ?
If yes, I fixed that the other day, so let's hope :p

You do not understand why it was working before? Well, I know that I'm the one who originally reported that it was not working in january. You fixed-it with version 1.03, and it was working great. You might have a look at the fixed issue #110: http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/issues/detail?id=110 it might help you to pinpoint the problem.

I update the PS3 FW day and date with SONY releases. The last update was 2.60 on january 21st I think. So yes, I have updated it. Before that, I think it was in december, the 2nd I think. It is possible that the 2.60 FW update changed something too.

When PSM stream the WMA, yes I see them as MP3 on the PS3. If I force transcoding, I see them as PCM files.

I hope this will help you,

Thank you!

Ciao!

Mart
Badhabit07

Postby Badhabit07 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:00 pm

Hello,

My WMA are now working great. I have found a thread on this forum with someone that had a similar problem but with FLAC files.

Here is the threahd: http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=777

He founds out that by disabling the "Enable transcoded video copy on PS3" it solved his FLAC problem... and my WMA problem at the same time. All my WMA are working great now, except that I cannot copy my transcoded video on my PS3, but it's not a big problem for me because it's not a feature that I use a lot compare to listening WMA.

Hope this will helps,

Ciao!

Mart
Badhabit07

Next

Return to General Help and Support