vmware fusion help

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

vmware fusion help

Postby priya » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:40 pm

Hi everyone. I installed VMware fusion on my macbook pro it installed fine i can basically do all things surf the net in Vmware fusion im running windows vista as my operating system in VMware fusion. The problemi have is this.
I try to run PS3 media server the programs opens up it looks for my Ps3 but it never finds it.What is the problem and how to fix it. In the trace windows of Ps3 media server it states its connected.
I even tried this with windows xp operating system in VMware fusion same problem as Vista.

I can run PS3 media server with crossover software fine but would like to run it with Vmware fusion Please help to sort this out.
Thanks
priya

Re: vmware fusion help

Postby Redlum » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:14 pm

Are you running PMS in Fusion or in OSX? If you are running it on OSX you need to select the correct networking device (this is mostly en0) in the general configuration of PMS.

Fusion adds networking devices to OSX which causes this issue.
Redlum
Project Member

Re: vmware fusion help

Postby Gigabit » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:19 am

I had same problem with os x could not find ps3
what i did
goto general configuration
look for
force ip of the server put in your vmare windows ip in there it should find your ps3
It did for me
Gigabit

Return to Mac OS X Support