Where to put the renderer icon file?

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Where to put the renderer icon file?

Postby franktx » Thu May 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi,

I created a new config file and I can not get the PS3 MS to find the file and I have not been able to find the icon files in the other config files. I saw a thread about this but no answer. I have tried full, relative and no path in the RendererIcon option as well as multiple directories without success.

RendererIcon=onkyo_txnr906.png

Does anybody know where I should put the icon file?

Is there any particular format or size required to make this file available/valid?

I did not see any error or warning message in the terminal, the trace window or debug.log file.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am using Ubuntu 9.1 Linux.
franktx

Re: Where to put the renderer icon file?

Postby jmullan99 » Thu May 20, 2010 5:14 pm

Ahhh. A question I can actually answer (I think).

You have to open up the main .jar file and put it in there. The exact path within it escapes me (I'm at work right now) but it goes something very similar to:

\resources\images\clients

If you are on MAC, you right-click the application icon and "view contents" and locate the .jar file.

On Windows, I assume the application is in Program Files, and you should find the .jar file there somewhere.

John
jmullan99

Postby KK6910 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:47 am

hi . i knew . well, it~s in pms.jar , open pms.jar by winrar, and you can find the icon.
and anyone know ps3mediasever how to SUPPORT TOSHIBA TV ?
KK6910

Postby franktx » Fri May 21, 2010 5:16 am

Thanks. Winrar was the piece of information that I was missing. I had no idea how to add this file. I am using Linux so did not know how to do it there.
I did as you said and added the png file to the directory and now I have the icon showing. :)
franktx

Postby daDent » Sat May 22, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi,
for your interest: .jar-files are nothing else than .zip-files. After renaming them to .zip, you can open them with any program which is capable of opening zips.

Bye,
daDent.
daDent

Return to Alternative Media Renderers