Specify audio track *SOLVED*

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Specify audio track *SOLVED*

Postby vanroth » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:23 pm

I have a few multi-audio track avi's that are not encoded with the language code (only track 1, track 2). PS3 Media Server defaults to the first audio track in this case. Is there a way to force it to play the second audio track?

Or is there an easy way to rename the audio tracks within the AVI with the correct language code (i.e. eng, jpn, ger, etc)?

Thanks.

-vanroth
Last edited by vanroth on Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
vanroth

Re: Specify audio track

Postby ExSport » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:10 pm

If you only stream not transcode, then use your remote ;)
ExSport

Postby vanroth » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:12 am

Remote?

Like using a SAP button on the receiver remote or something I can change via the PS3 remote?

Thanks.
vanroth

Postby meskibob » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:28 am

I think he means in the triangle menu when you're actually playing the file on the PS3. If you're just streaming it'll be available (I think) under the "Audio Options" in that menu. If you're transcoding, you'll have to edit the appropriate transcoder settings in PMS.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby ExSport » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:30 am

I only reacted on part how to play second audio.
ExSport

Postby vanroth » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:39 am

It appears that is where my problem lies. I'm streaming, but the only audio options I get are left and right channels.

I can transcode it, but I'm not sure how to default it to the second audio track as the language is not defined. My other AVI's that have the language defined (eng, jpn, or ger) work just fine if I set it in PMS.
vanroth

Postby vanroth » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:51 am

Well I figured out a stop gap solution.

If I use mencoder to transcode it I get two versions of the AVI in the transcoder folder -- one for each audio track. Though subtitles don't work here however.

I'll keep trying.
vanroth

Re: Specify audio track *SOLVED*

Postby vanroth » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:11 am

Meskibob pointed me in the right direction.

Setting the option "-aid 2" in mencoder will force it to use the second audio track. I'm not sure if this will overide the audio language priority settings for videos with the language codes, but this is a good work around in this case.

Thanks.
vanroth

Return to General Help and Support