Movie speed test

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Movie speed test

Postby Azezo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:08 pm

how about something in the program that can test the speed and the quality of the movie that will play in the ps3, if it's possible ?
Azezo

Re: Movie speed test

Postby kod » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:32 am

Some functionality is built in to PS3, just pull up the menu while playing the moving and select the "info" icon (all the way on the right).

it shows video stream and audio steam in kbps /mb

i hope that helps
kod

Postby Azezo » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:16 am

my problem is that my pc is in the sec floor while the ps3 in the ground floor, every time i try to change something i need to go down and up XD good exercise btw :P. that's why i was asking if there is something i could check the movie streaming speed in ps3 with out moving from my place ^^;.
Azezo

Postby Azezo » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:20 am

is it possible to let the pc stream what's in the ps3 that will help my case here :)?
Azezo

Postby Pepijn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi, i have been looking for this function too. (I have the same problem you have) Now it is possible to open a stream from the server in MPC or VLC or alike (I copy pasted the address from the log). But it seems the stream only "exists" after you have once played it on the PS3, so that kind of cancels the purpose. So what is needed is a teststream that is always available.
Pepijn

Return to Feature Suggestions