Fast Forward & Rewind with Samsung?

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Fast Forward & Rewind with Samsung?

Postby atzene » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Hello,

I use PMS on my OS x server and it runs good so far. With my Samsung (LE32C679 or UE32C6800) I can watch all type of movies, can play, stop and pause them but unfortunately the fast rewind and forward does not work. If I use the cursor button on the remote of the Samsung I can rewind and forward but it takes 1-2 seconds to rewind or forward about 15 sec. Does anybody else has the same problem or knows how to fix it? Or is it something that I have to live with? Love the app so far, great work.

Regards,
Tamer
atzene

Re: Fast Forward & Rewind with Samsung?

Postby AndenIDK » Tue May 04, 2010 7:01 pm

What config file do you use ? I cant get PS3 Media server working with my Samsung C6005 ... Could you post it ?
AndenIDK

Postby atzene » Wed May 05, 2010 6:13 pm

I didnt change anything in the config...it shows the Samsung as an unknown renderer but still it works (except the ffd and frd). I use the newest beta though...
atzene

Postby sdhedrick » Sat May 29, 2010 7:00 pm

Hello. I have pretty much the same issue. I have just installed PS3 Media Server (latest BETA) and it found my Sony Bravia Networked TV (using Bravia5500 config). I was able to take a VOB file of a DVD and stream it to my TV no problem.

However like you, the Fast Forward and Rewind do not function (pause/play/stop work). Everything else seems great (although chapters don't work either, but from reading other posts briefly, doesn't seem like it's supported?).

Anyway, anyone know if there's a tweak/fix that would allow FF/Rew to work?

Appreciate it and thx for an awesome piece of software!
Scott

EDIT: Some more info. When SeekbyTime is set to "true" in the config file, what happens is that when I touch either the ff or rew, nothing happens. However, if I hold down the FF or REW button, I get a little seek window that pops up and the time bar moves forward/backward accordingly. However, as soon as I let go of the button, the video starts over from the beginning. This is with a VOB file. Haven't tried any other video format yet.
sdhedrick

Return to Alternative Media Renderers