SNES Emulator on PS3

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

SNES Emulator on PS3

Postby thecellarlife » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:12 am

I would like to run my emulators that I have on my PC through my PS3. I do not see this as a very complicated matter as it can run any matter of video/audio. This not illegal in any way as I own all of the games I wish to play. All of these games are old SNES games. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
thecellarlife

Re: SNES Emulator on PS3

Postby WorldOfHurt » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:22 pm

Eh? How would the joypad commands get back to the emulator on the PC? PMS3 is a media streamer, not a remote desktop.

Not possible, I'm afraid.
WorldOfHurt

Postby Caine » Sat May 01, 2010 4:30 am

You would have to install linux onto your ps3, but I don't even know if there are snes emulators for linux?
Caine

Postby lufkin » Sat May 01, 2010 8:49 am

Caine wrote:You would have to install linux onto your ps3, but I don't even know if there are snes emulators for linux?

too bad anyone whos updated their PS3 lately no longer has linux
lufkin

Postby Caine » Wed May 12, 2010 6:07 am

yah off topic, but I wonder why sony did that? You have no choice but to update if you want to play the latest games online too.
Caine

Postby devildog93 » Wed May 12, 2010 7:15 am

Caine wrote:yah off topic, but I wonder why sony did that? You have no choice but to update if you want to play the latest games online too.

I heard it was because using Linux on the PS3, it might be possible to use it to decrypt and author Blu-Ray discs.

I have also read articles that say this claim is bogus. There was something about someone hacking the PS3 security with Linux as well.

They want conformity, that is why you lose priveleges if you don't do the FW updates. That is my opinion of the whole matter of course.
devildog93

Return to Additions and Plugins