Hitachi TV config file help? Hello Japan?

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Hitachi TV config file help? Hello Japan?

Postby digitallyinep » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:33 am

First off, as my first newbie post after searching/reading through the threads;

Thanks to the community, and information posted as it help me resolve the basic connection issues with my connection on a wireless network.
I'm on a mac os x, running the latest pms beta.
Question;
Anyone out there, specifically Japan, that has a Hitachi TV and has it setup and working? I'd like to find or make a config file for my Woo L32-wp03. I am able to see my computer on the tv, yet on the server I get "Media renderer was not recognized." I've tried without success to get any information on the client/socket, etc. None comes back in the log. All I'm able to verify it that pings are going back and forth. Any suggestions of mac programs that are relatively easy to use for a trace? Couldn't get Wireshark to work. What should I be searching for?

Even without a tailor made .config file, would an unknown renderer still work if transcode settings for extensions were manually set right?
Appreciate the help if any.
digitallyinep

Re: Hitachi TV config file help? Hello Japan?

Postby shagrath » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:29 pm

I don't know about audio and image files, but to have a proper rendering of video files, you need to have a matching conf file, in order to enable DLNALocalizationRequired=true (necessary to inject some EU/NA/JP flavors)
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby digitallyinep » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:22 am

Thanks for the reply shagrath,

Did a check and image files (jpg) have no problem appearing. Audio files not transcoding/streaming, or even the appearance of buffering. Tested a Hitachi native capable mp3 file, and not played. TV can see the file, when selected tv tries to play, then get a response (in effect) that can't because no information sent from server.

As you may be aware, there is hardly any information on the web (even japan sites) about tvs other than Sony. What I've found, suggested using pms ver 1.11.369 plus a (pms-bravia-mod_04) file. Basically the mod file has 3 files inside. 2 modified Bravia conf files (braviajp.conf and braviajpu.conf) which to my eye have even less information than the default 4500 and 5500. Maybe you could see why these are important to switch out. The 3rd file is update.jar which is probably a file you created (last modified Nov 25, 2009). Do I need the update file anymore, or is it incorporated into the new beta?

I'll send/attach a snibbet of my debug.log if I can figure out how. I'm willing to make a .conf file if I only knew how to get more information in the packets.
Sorry I'm a newbie at attaching files. Can't attach the conf or txt files. How should they be uploaded?

もし日立のwoo TV 持っている人がいますなら、アドバイスをくれませんか?
digitallyinep

Postby digitallyinep » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:01 am

shagrath,

Here are the said conf files and an excerpt of my debug log. Sorry I couldn't post them earlier. Let me know if you need more of the debug log.

debug.log.zip
(1.7 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

BraviaJPU.conf.zip
(545 Bytes) Downloaded 116 times

BraviaJP.conf.zip
(507 Bytes) Downloaded 112 times
digitallyinep

Return to Alternative Media Renderers