ps3 not found after restarting PC

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

ps3 not found after restarting PC

Postby kevcole » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:56 am

Hi
i have been using the software now for the last few weeks and it has been fantastic.
the only problem i have is when i switch on the PC in the morning i have to re-install the package for it to find the ps3.
only takes a minute or so, so it has never really bothered me. and once installed again i can switch the ps3 off and on and connect without an issue.

windows vista home edition
kevcole

Re: ps3 not found after restarting PC

Postby meskibob » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:26 pm

You need to run as Admin or give the PMS install folder full access.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby kevcole » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi
thanks for the tip, checked the folder permissions and i have admin rights already
tried a few different combinations, added the other user as admin etc. but it's still the same. but i did notice that it's not just after i restart the PC, but it even does it when you quit and restart the media server too.
such a shame too, as it runs really nicely apart from this
Kev
kevcole

Postby meskibob » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:47 pm

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver ... ail?id=135
Describes the full workarounds. I don't believe just being an admin is enough for the UAC.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support