Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Postby tsp » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:01 pm

maccroche: Are you saying that you can play the mkv file but not other kinds of video? Do you use tsMuxer or MEncoder?

Patters: Do you see the same stuttering when playing the mkv on your computer? And does changing the film (or is it called movie) mode on the V5500 from auto 1 to auto 2 help?
tsp

Postby patters » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:51 am

Doing some further testing last night I can confirm that on Windows 7 with the stock Bravia5500.conf but with mediainfo line set to true I can play both AVC (mkvs) and MPEG2 (transcoded DivX/Xvid).

However, using the Mac version and replacing pms.jar with tsp's modded one I can't play any formats, but using the stock version it works, albeit identifying AVC as MPEG2 in the same way I originally wrote about.

Haven't tested the framerate stuff yet...
patters

Postby Mikelevel » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi! i was using ps3mediaserver with my xbox360 but now i must configure an tv Sony Bravia EX700...

I modified Bravia5500.conf to works with my model... only add (BRAVIA KDL.+EX7)

Code: Select all
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=(BRAVIA KDL.+5[0-9]{3})|(BRAVIA KDL.+WE5)|(BRAVIA KDL-[0-9]{2}XBR9)|(BRAVIA KDL.+EX5)|(BRAVIA KDL.+EX7)

i read this post and all replys and this are my config files...

BRAVIA5500.CONF

# ps3mediaserver renderer profile for Sony Bravia 5500 series
# Refer to PS3.conf for help

RendererName=Sony Bravia 5500 Series
RendererIcon=bravia.png
UserAgentSearch=notusedhere
UserAgentAdditionalHeader=X-AV-Client-Info
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=(BRAVIA KDL.+5[0-9]{3})|(BRAVIA KDL.+WE5)|(BRAVIA KDL-[0-9]{2}XBR9)|(BRAVIA KDL.+EX5)|(BRAVIA KDL.+EX7)
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=true
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=MP3
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true
MuxDTSToMpeg=false
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
H264Level41Limited=true
MimeTypesChanges=
#MimeTypesChanges=audio/wav=audio/L16|video/mp4=video/mpeg
DLNALocalizationRequired=true
TranscodeExtensions=dvr-ms,dvr,mkv,dv,ty,mov,ogm,hdmov,hdm,rmv,rmvb,rm,asf,evo,asx,flv,m2v,mpe,mod,tivo,ty,tmf,ts,tp,m2p,mp4,m4v,avi,wmv,wm,divx,div,flac,mlp,fla,wma,m4a,aac,dts,mka,ape,ogg,shn,mpc,ra,mp2,wv,oma,aa3,gif,png,arw,cr2,crw,dng,raf,mrw,nef,pef,tif,tiff
StreamExtensions=

#Better/faster codec detection method ! true to enable it
#Need testing !
#MediaInfo=false
#Supported = f:mpegps|mpegts    v:mpeg2|mp4|h264    a:ac|lpcm|aac|mpa #m:video/mpeg
#Supported = f:mp3   m:audio/mpeg
#Supported = f:wav   m:audio/L16
#Supported = f:jpg   m:image/jpeg

PMS.CONF

thumbnails = true
alternativeffmpegpath = C:\\Program Files\\PS3 Media Server\\win32\\dvrms\\ffmpeg_MPGMUX.exe
mencoder_ass = true
minimized = true
prevents_sleep_mode = true
network_interface = net3
audio_thumbnails_method = 1
hidevideosettings = true
hide_transcode_folder = true
hide_empty_folders = true
hide_enginenames = true
folders = D:\\Videos\\Peliculas,D:\\Videos\\Series
audiochannels = 2
mencoder_mt = true
tsmuxer_mux_all_audiotracks = true
hide_media_library_folder = true
maxvideobuffer = 600
mencoder_ass_scale = 2.0

both , bravia and xbox360 stream with wifi ... xbox works fine , no lag , but with bravia i have some lag.... y up maxvideobuffer but dont works :(

and... behind of bravia logo i have a message "Speed 5mb/s" :(

in log i can see..

[New I/O server worker #1-1] TRACE 13:54:23.134 Renderer Xbox360 found on this address: /192.168.10.5
[New I/O server worker #1-2] TRACE 13:54:23.356 Renderer Sony Bravia 5500 Series found on this address: /192.168.10.7
[New I/O server worker #1-2] TRACE 13:54:25.363 Renderer Sony Bravia 5500 Series have an estimated network speed of: 5 Mb/s
[main] TRACE 13:54:26.214 It's ready! You should see the server appears on XMB
[New I/O server worker #1-1] TRACE 13:55:36.607 Starting transcode/remux of Lost.S06E12.HDTV.XviD-2HD.avi
[Thread-18] TRACE 13:55:55.687 FATAL ERROR: OutOfMemory / dumping stats
[Thread-18] TRACE 13:55:55.687 Not enough memory to allocate 629145600 bytes... Using half of it
* Version tested: Java PS3 Media Server v1.20.409
* Windows Vista Service Pack 2
* Java build 1.6.0_18-b07
* Sony Bravia KDL-32EX700 (Firmware: PKG1.117EUL-103)
* Wireless LAN 54G (WPA2)
SPANISH USER , SORRY MY ENGLISH
Mikelevel

Postby maccroche » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:44 pm

Hello
@ patters: Have you made some tests with wav, DVD iso, videostream, ogg or ogv files?

@ tsp,
tsp wrote:maccroche: Are you saying that you can play the mkv file but not other kinds of video? Do you use tsMuxer or MEncoder?

---> I used MEncoder per default. I can play mkv file without trouble.

Extract from PMS.conf.
engines = mencoder,avsffmpeg,avsmencoder,tsmuxer,ffmpegaudio,mplayeraudio,tsmuxeraudio,mencoderwebvideo,vlcvideo,mplayervideodump,mplayerwebaudio,vlcaudio,rawthumbs,ffmpegdvrmsremux

@ Mikelevel
Mikelevel wrote: and... behind of bravia logo i have a message "Speed 5mb/s" :(

5mb is very low.. It seems that it doesn't influence the correct display of the videos. There seems there is an error, I had negative values...
* Current version installed: pms-setup-windows-1.21.0-SB16.exe
* XP with SP 3
* Sony Bravia KDL 32V5500, firmware PKG1.741EA
* Java build 1.6.0_24-b07
* PMSencoder 1.4.0
maccroche

Postby ps3ForMyLg » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:46 am

Hello,

Has anyone a working configuration file for LG BD-390?

Thanks in advance.
ps3ForMyLg

Postby Mattofsweden » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:08 am

Regarding EX700 and getting it to work.

I got myself a Sony Bravia KDL-32EX700 two weeks back.

Downloaded latest PS3 Media Server (build 409) and never got it working no matter how I tried to modify the Bravia5500.conf with forced stream extensions etc.

Solution:

Compiled my own from source (build 410).

Deleted all Renders configs except PS3.conf

Created a Bravia-EX.conf
The EX700 seems to supports all formats the PS3 does over DLNA and USB stick, so I copied the MediaInfo from PS3 config and used the rest from Bravia5500.conf

# ps3mediaserver renderer profile for Sony Bravia EX500/EX700 series
# Refer to PS3.conf for help

RendererName=Sony Bravia EX Series
RendererIcon=bravia.png
UserAgentSearch=notusedhere
UserAgentAdditionalHeader=X-AV-Client-Info
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=(BRAVIA KDL.+EX5)|(BRAVIA KDL.+EX7)
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=true
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=MP3
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true
MuxDTSToMpeg=false
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
H264Level41Limited=true
MimeTypesChanges=audio/wav=audio/L16|video/mp4=video/mpeg
DLNALocalizationRequired=true
TranscodeExtensions=dvr-ms,dvr,mkv,dv,ty,mov,ogm,hdmov,hdm,rmv,rmvb,rm,asf,evo,asx,flv,m2v,mpe,mod,tivo,ty,tmf,ts,tp,m2p,mp4,m4v,avi,wmv,wm,divx,div,flac,mlp,fla,wma,m4a,aac,dts,mka,ape,ogg,shn,mpc,ra,mp2,wv,oma,aa3,gif,png,arw,cr2,crw,dng,raf,mrw,nef,pef,tif,tiff
StreamExtensions=

MediaInfo=true
# [Supported video formats]:
# Here we declare support (or lack) of DTS (here, none of the entries declare dts as a supported audio codec)
Supported = f:mpegps|mpegts v:mpeg1|mpeg2|mp4|h264 a:ac3|lpcm|aac|mpa m:video/mpeg
# No H264 for AVI files, plus specific mediainfo attributes, for better auto detection (qpel and gmc are not supported here)
Supported = f:avi|divx v:mp4|divx|mjpeg a:mp3|lpcm|mpa|ac3 m:video/x-divx qpel:no gmc:0
Supported = f:mp4 v:mp4|h264 a:ac3|aac m:video/mp4
# WMV files are supported, but not with 5.1 audio: (hence the n:2)
Supported = f:wmv v:wmv|vc1 a:wma n:2 m:video/x-ms-wmv
# [Supported audio formats]:
Supported = f:wav a:dts|lpcm n:6 s:48000 m:audio/wav
Supported = f:wav n:2 s:48000 m:audio/wav
Supported = f:mp3 n:2 m:audio/mpeg
# Apple lossless not supported
Supported = f:aac n:2 a:(?!alac).+ m:audio/x-m4a
Supported = f:wma n:2 m:audio/x-ms-wma
Supported = f:atrac n:2 m:audio/x-oma
# [Supported image formats]
Supported = f:jpg m:image/jpeg
Supported = f:png m:image/png
Supported = f:gif m:image/gif
Supported = f:tiff m:image/tiff

When I use this render config, the EX700 works beautifully with a sample folder of avi, mkv, m2ts, ts, mp3 etc etc. Haven't tested further though (Use PC over HDMI currently).

There is of course some tweaking to this to make it work even better. Would like the wizzes to have a look.

PMS reports 78Mbit/s transfer speed to the EX700 over D-Link Gigabit switch and CAT6 cables. Weird it ain't faster although everything connected is Gigabit capable.

======================================================================
========================== REQUEST ===================================
======================================================================

I would, personally, request that the maintaner of this project keep renderer configuration files separate into series/models instead of having one renderer config which covers a broader range.
The "one config for the lot" causes the least capable device to set the limit for the rest. Or one could just have a variety of different renderer configs depending on the DLNA-client capabilities then let users add their client in the detection/search syntax. This could cause same problem as we're having now though.
Matt of Sweden.

* PS3 Media Server version 1.20.410 (compiled from source) on Win7 x64 ultimate.
* Playstation 3 (Fatty).
* Sony Bravia KDL-32EX700
* MacBook Pro, Asus Laptop, Sony Laptop.
* Home LAN with dual networks. One wireless N and one Gigabit.
Mattofsweden

Postby shagrath » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:08 pm

Mattofsweden wrote:When I use this render config, the EX700 works beautifully with a sample folder of avi, mkv, m2ts, ts, mp3 etc etc. Haven't tested further though (Use PC over HDMI currently).

There is of course some tweaking to this to make it work even better. Would like the wizzes to have a look.

I would, personally, request that the maintaner of this project keep renderer configuration files separate into series/models instead of having one renderer config which covers a broader range.
The "one config for the lot" causes the least capable device to set the limit for the rest. Or one could just have a variety of different renderer configs depending on the DLNA-client capabilities then let users add their client in the detection/search syntax. This could cause same problem as we're having now though.

Thanks for the file. I agree about separating for different models. But before enabling MediaInfo=true (compared to the older Bravia models conf files) I would make sure the supported codecs are correctly set. (does the EX support wmv for example?). I agree this is hard to answer without precise infos from Sony which I suspect is hard to obtain
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Mattofsweden » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:11 am

shagrath wrote:Thanks for the file. I agree about separating for different models. But before enabling MediaInfo=true (compared to the older Bravia models conf files) I would make sure the supported codecs are correctly set. (does the EX support wmv for example?). I agree this is hard to answer without precise infos from Sony which I suspect is hard to obtain

I managed to get hold of a sample library which contains a variety of movies in different formats. I will check some wmv, wma etc samples tonight to make sure they work, or not.
I'll also try find a good upload service so I can share the sample library for testing of renderer configs.

Thanks Shagrath.
Matt of Sweden.

* PS3 Media Server version 1.20.410 (compiled from source) on Win7 x64 ultimate.
* Playstation 3 (Fatty).
Mattofsweden

Postby Mattofsweden » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Mattofsweden wrote:
shagrath wrote:Thanks for the file. I agree about separating for different models. But before enabling MediaInfo=true (compared to the older Bravia models conf files) I would make sure the supported codecs are correctly set. (does the EX support wmv for example?). I agree this is hard to answer without precise infos from Sony which I suspect is hard to obtain

I managed to get hold of a sample library which contains a variety of movies in different formats. I will check some wmv, wma etc samples tonight to make sure they work, or not.
I'll also try find a good upload service so I can share the sample library for testing of renderer configs.

Thanks Shagrath.

Sony EX700 manual specifies following playback native: AVC, AVCHD, DivX, mpeg4, JPEG (with geotag) and MP3 (LPCM)
Tested: DivX, m2ts/ts, mp3, jpeg files work fine over DLNA and USB.

======= IS THIS CORRECT? ===========
I had a quick look on the WMV container format. Seems Windows Media Video 9 (WMV3) became a standardization back in 2006 and is now also known as VC-1.
VC-1 became one of the three mandatory standards used in Blu-Ray and HD-DVD and is supposed to be fully backwards compatible. Hence, any Blu-Ray/HD-DVD player should be able to play video content compressed using VC-1.
======= IS THIS CORRECT? ===========

This is a bit strange though. The PS3 needed a WMV codec (Firmware 2.10 onwards) to play WMV, although VC-1/WMV3 is in compliance with Blu-Ray and HD-DVD standards. ?????

Maybe the problems we might encounter is purely container related and not the actual format/coding of the media?

Shagrath, can you explain this a bit further? Maybe a codec/container how-to/wiki?
I'm not behind, but I've never ventured into this area of expertice and feel lost already :/
Matt of Sweden.

* Playstation 3 (Fatty).
Mattofsweden

Postby Hyde » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Newbie owner of a PS3 and KDL-40Z5800.

PS3 streams all my content really very well from my WHS to the TV, but occasionaly I'd just like to view photo's on the TV without having to fire up the PS3.

Is there an idiots guide (and I mean idiot!) to the steps necessary to tweak PS3MS to allow it to talk to the TV directly?

I've tried reading the 1st 15 pages of this thread and searching for my model of Bravia TV. Neither returned anything I could make any sense of sorry :(

Thanks in advance
Hyde.
Sony Bravia KDL-40Z5800
PS3 Slim 250GB & PMS 1.72.0
Tranquil WHS (Intel Atom 230 / 1.60GHz / 1GB RAM)
Hyde

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers