DVD IFO support / next chapter

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

DVD IFO support / next chapter

Postby utschebebbes » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi,
a great feature would be to install IFO support for DVD`s.
Then you could jump to the next chapter of the DVD, instead of using fast forward, which not really working good...
Very helpful especially when watching music DVD`s.

Not sure if this is implementable. I haven`t found a streaming tool, which able to do so...

Cheers,
utschebebbes
utschebebbes

Re: DVD IFO support / next chapter

Postby ExSport » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:10 pm

Unable to do that.
How you tell from PS3 to PMS that you want play next chapter so PMS will jump on this place?
ExSport

Postby utschebebbes » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:40 pm

Well,
if the PS3 could read the IFO, then it could jump to the next chapter.
But i already thought so, that it`s impossible...
Sad.

utschebebbes
utschebebbes

Postby ExSport » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:42 pm

yes impossible because you cant stream IFO file. It is read only from medium
ExSport

Postby shagrath » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:11 pm

DLNA support ifo in the specification but ps3 does not (I tried), so no real solution
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Illico » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:52 pm

shagrath wrote:DLNA support ifo in the specification but ps3 does not (I tried), so no real solution

I know its an old post, but on my Sony Bravia TV xmb menu, there is a "Next Chapter" "Previous Chapter" function and I don't know for what it should be used(when pressed, change to the next movie file in the browse menu).

So I googling and found that DLNA supports "ifo" file in DLNA resource <res> when MPEG_PS_NTSC and MPEG_PS_PAL profile are used, for VTSxxx.vob file for example.
But I did not found DLNA server that provide this resource...but I found your post. ;)
How do you test that on PS3? and do you think Sony Bravia TV could support that? or do you think its for another purpose?
Thanks
Sony Bravia KDL-46EX501 | Sony BDP-S373 | Sony SMP-N100 |Serviio / PS3MS | Buffalo 2Share DD
Illico

Postby mazey » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:23 am

Illico wrote:
shagrath wrote:DLNA support ifo in the specification but ps3 does not (I tried), so no real solution

I know its an old post, but on my Sony Bravia TV xmb menu, there is a "Next Chapter" "Previous Chapter" function and I don't know for what it should be used(when pressed, change to the next movie file in the browse menu).

So I googling and found that DLNA supports "ifo" file in DLNA resource <res> when MPEG_PS_NTSC and MPEG_PS_PAL profile are used, for VTSxxx.vob file for example.
But I did not found DLNA server that provide this resource...but I found your post. ;)
How do you test that on PS3? and do you think Sony Bravia TV could support that? or do you think its for another purpose?
Thanks

i kinda like the fact the bravia next chapter option (which i use alot) and it does skip to the next title which is what i want anyway, im happy with all the features available just wish the browsing was as fast as the ps3. if u wanna quickly skip ahead of a title just hit the up arrow a few times, it skips ahead 30 secs each time u hit up.
PMS 1.90.2 SNAPSHOT - HP Proliant Microserver N54L 2.2Ghz - Windows Home Server 2011 (64bit) 8GB - Bravia KDL55HX750
mazey

Return to Feature Suggestions