Movie playback stops after 20 mins on Samsung TV

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Movie playback stops after 20 mins on Samsung TV

Postby thommthomm » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:13 am

todhelius wrote:TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3

Movie: stops after about 10-20 minutes, stops always on the same place
Audio: OK
Timeline: OK (display how long the movie has been played)

TranscodeVideo=MPEGTSAC3

Movie: OK
Audio: Choppy
Timeline: Choppy (display how long the movie has been played)

I can confirm this. Audio is especially bad at the beginning, hope that there's a solution. Timeline isn't doing anything, but I couldn't forward movies anyway since r367 (mac betà release) on my Samsung LE37B650(T2P)..
thommthomm

Good News!!!

Postby oldjay » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:57 pm

Well well, I just updated Firmware (new release from 8th March) on my Samsung ...B750 and it pretty much looks like they have worked on DLNA...
I'm just watching the 3rd mkv HD movie without getting the 20 mins. issue. :-) which I'd say is very promising.
oldjay

Postby thommthomm » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:42 pm

That's 3000, right? Not all LCDs can update (yet). Mine LCD LExxB65xTxP has the latest version (2007), which still has the listed problems.
thommthomm

Postby ebaleytherogue » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:57 am

The default time that [at least] Windows hard drives spin down, for sleep, is 20 minutes. Navigate to Power Management and change this value, in your Windows Power Plan, to a greater value, or eliminate it all together. When I did that I was able to make it beyond the 20 minute mark and enjoy the rest of my movies at full length.

On my home PC I opted to change this value to 600 minutes, but later changed it to 300 minutes. I believe it uses the last user movement as its starting base. Since the PC remains untouched, during the movie, I use the PC, manually, navigating to a web page, just prior to beginning watching the film, to reset the timer.
ebaleytherogue

Previous

Return to General Help and Support