PMS not working on Mac

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PMS not working on Mac

Postby Force2BRW » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:17 pm

Hello, I'm new to PMS, and understand the concept of networking, but not the technical details, so I apologize in advance if these are easy questions. I am running PMS on my MacBook Pro, but I cannot get it to recognize my PS3. I tried changing the settings in General Configuration, but I don't get options like the ones I've seen elsewhere. It did not auto-connect with my PS3, so I assume settings need to be changed. The only options given to me in "Force Networking on Interface" is blank (nothing selected), en1, and lo0. I'm not sure what en1 and lo0 are exactly. What needs to be done differently to connect the PS3 with a Mac using PMS (all the walkthroughs and stuff seem to be for Windows or something other than Mac OSX...I have Snow Leopard by the way if that makes a difference)?

Thank you in advance
Force2BRW

Re: PMS not working on Mac

Postby shagrath » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:48 pm

select en1, and put your computer IP in the force IP text box. then restart, it should be better
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Force2BRW » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:45 am

I tried that, but it still doesn't seem to find it. Does it make a difference that I have my PS3 hardwired to the router and my laptop wirelessly connected? I don't need it for hd movies right now, so the bandwidth isn't as important to me.
Force2BRW

Postby Force2BRW » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:57 am

Can someone please give me an alternate solution?

Thank you
Force2BRW

Postby meskibob » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:00 am

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby PatColeman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:57 am

I stopped using PS3 Media Server at some version of 1.70.x. Everything was running great. I didn't change anything on any part of my network, or any software updates when it stopped working.

I followed the FAQs to the letter and nothing worked, over all the subsequent versions. I spent 2 hours trying to get 1.90.1 to no avail.

Until I decided to go old school Mac and toss the PS3 Media Server prefs and low-and-behold it works.

Go to your Library/Application Support/PMS and toss all the config files in that folder.

Works better than before!

Pat
PatColeman

Return to Mac OS X Support