DTS -> LPCM Remux

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

DTS -> LPCM Remux

Postby Audioboxer » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:04 pm

Hey shagrath, in build 1.04, this still doesn't work.

I think you should speak to 3r1c, the creator of MKV2VOB. With some help on the forums @ http://www.mkv2vob.com/ , 3r1c, myself and some others helping managed to get DTS converting to LPCM and playing out all the right channels. Well, 3r1c done all the coding and testing of what program to use to convert [I don't have that kind of skill], I just helped him by finding some bugs with conversion/channel ordering.

Will be great once you've got this up and running perfectly. The rest of the application is brilliant :D
Audioboxer

Re: DTS -> LPCM Remux

Postby shagrath » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:12 pm

solution at the bottom ! (I hope so :p)

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver ... ail?id=134
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby shagrath » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:17 pm

one more thing: I took a look the other day at mkv2vob lpcm conversion and it's using now a full lpcm format: header every 2880 bytes, little or big endian (don't remember), etc. and I'm still using the old microsoft wave extended format... don't know if they are pros or cons
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Audioboxer » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:48 pm

shagrath wrote:one more thing: I took a look the other day at mkv2vob lpcm conversion and it's using now a full lpcm format: header every 2880 bytes, little or big endian (don't remember), etc. and I'm still using the old microsoft wave extended format... don't know if they are pros or cons

The reason MKV2VOB changed is the WAV format doesn't work with all movies.

We came across some movies on the MKV2VOB forums that would work for so long, then glitch up. A movie I was trying would drop out the front channel after 14 minutes 52 seconds every time with the old way of converting. Worked fine when 3r1c changed to the new method.

3r1c said converting it the proper way was the only way to make sure every movie would work.

Probably something worth considering if you want to be as compatible as possible - Thanks for the reply though :)
Audioboxer

Postby shagrath » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:46 pm

a tsmuxer bug probably (I really want to get rid of that soft)
well there's no rush for now, I'll let people complain before :p
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby rankafan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:17 am

Audioboxer wrote:
shagrath wrote:3r1c said converting it the proper way was the only way to make sure every movie would work.

All y'all should ask Madshi, of eac3to. He really HAS the answer, as I use his program to convert TrueHD/DTS-MA to LPCM, and it works flawlessly. So, put pride aside, and just ask the guy already and get it solved. :)
Gorgeous, delicious, deculture!
rankafan

Postby shagrath » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:18 am

madchi is using his own patched version of ffmpeg... I'd like to keep using the official one
and I don't know if he want to share his sources (cause eac3to is source closed)
shagrath
Project Lead

Return to General Help and Support