Blu-ray ISOs

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Re: Blu-ray ISOs

Postby meskibob » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:52 pm

Nothing to bump until the transcoding engines (MPlayer and MEncoder) support it. If you want this functionality sooner, contact them.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby vtek63 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:48 am

vtek63

Postby Transient » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:22 am

If the ISO is unencrypted (eg. using AnyDVD HD) then you can mount it with Virtual CloneDrive and stream the .m2ts file to your PS3.

I'd like to request that PMS adds support for unencrypted Blu-ray/AVCHD ISOs. I think it should be enough for it to check for the presence of .m2ts files inside an ISO and make them available.
Transient

Postby brad17 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:32 am

Transient wrote:If the ISO is unencrypted (eg. using AnyDVD HD) then you can mount it with Virtual CloneDrive and stream the .m2ts file to your PS3.

I'd like to request that PMS adds support for unencrypted Blu-ray/AVCHD ISOs. I think it should be enough for it to check for the presence of .m2ts files inside an ISO and make them available.

This would work fine if the Blu-ray only contains a single m2ts file. The problem comes with seamless branching disks. To handle those you would have to mount the ISO, parse the playlist, and then join all the parts in the correct order while also correcting any audio sync issues caused by the re-joining process.
brad17

Postby Jocke » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:31 pm

Bibbit wrote:
ExSport wrote:Not only structure is different but also video format/codec. Blu-ray uses .H264 or VC-1 video codec but DVD-Video uses MPEG2.
When you will check directory \BDMV\STREAM\ of your Blu-ray, you will find m2ts files there which are natively played by PS3 ;)

Have folks been able to play blu-ray ISO's?
Yes, I'm playing Die.unendliche.Geschichte.1984.DUAL.COMPLETE.BLURAY-TRexHD right now. You need to locate the .m2ts-files and mount the image. I'm using Alcohol 120% for that. Then you will do exactly the same as you do with the DVD-R IMG:s; just plat or transcode if you need subs or other language. You start just the first .m2ts-file and PSM will locate the others automatictly.
Jocke

Postby mikerCZ » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:37 pm

any news for support for unencrypted Blu-ray/AVCHD ISOs in PMS?
mikerCZ

Postby ExSport » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:12 pm

ExSport

Previous

Return to Feature Suggestions