"The Data is Corrupted"

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: "The Data is Corrupted"

Postby mrosanes » Fri May 01, 2009 5:53 pm

the file formats in use are m4v and mp4. w/ handbrake, i've encoded them with the PS3 settings and for some of the movies i've chaptered them, so instead of mp4 handbrake saves it as an m4v. at your recommendation, i tried the appletv preset, not changing anything. The ones i've ripped are some TV Show DVDs i have. again, same errors (data corrupted). i've gone to the transcoding folder within the directories and those show 'mpeg-2' but never play.

there are some old WMA and avi files that seem to play just fine w/ PS3MS, no stuttering video, but those are just vids i got from here and there, not ripped w/ handbrake.

i believe i have mencoder at the top, tsmuxer and nothing else below it. tried using your settings that you posted earlier with no luck, only changing the number of processors (you've got an 8 core apparently and i'm using a dual core 2.3GHz g5 powermac).
mrosanes

Postby pmos69 » Fri May 01, 2009 7:14 pm

If you have mencoder at the top, you can try disabling the "Switch to tsMuxer when H264 video is ps3 compatible" option
pmos69

Postby MJH47 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:43 am

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but since there was no resolution ever posted, I thought I'd just say that I was having a similar problem where certain .mp4 files would give a "data is corrupted" error on my ps3, and unchecking the "Switch to tsMuxer when H264 video is ps3 compatible" option resolved it for me.
MJH47

Postby Jimmy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:50 pm

MJH47 wrote:Apologies for bumping an old thread, but since there was no resolution ever posted, I thought I'd just say that I was having a similar problem where certain .mp4 files would give a "data is corrupted" error on my ps3, and unchecking the "Switch to tsMuxer when H264 video is ps3 compatible" option resolved it for me.

Hi there,
Very new to this and Mac in general. I've gone through a lot of threads but this is the only instruction I understand since I recognize the box from the transcode settings tab.
I am not able to deselect the "Switch to tsMuxer when H264 video is ps3 compatible". Any reason for this? Is there some thing else I need to do? Is there a detailed walk through anywhere?

Cheers in advance to anyone who can help.
Jimmy
Jimmy

Postby Stallion4 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:56 am

j2048b wrote:There is a posting above yours that explains that there may be something wrong with the newer version of handbrake!!

try reverting back to the older .0.9.2 version and see if that helps!!

also on the first page of transcoding settings tab:

on the left of the screen click : common trnscode settings and go to the bottom of the page (you may have to grab the bottom right hand corner of the page and drag the application bigger ( i hope you know what i mean?)

on the bottom there will be 3 things you can do:

1. disable subtitles
2. skip transcoding for following extensions and
3. (the one that may help) FORCE TRANSCODING FOR FOLLOWING EXTENSIONS

try adding in any corruptable data movie formats such as mp4, or m4v,

i have to do this with my m4v,mp4's and they work great

I have been looking for the solution for hours without any luck. But thanks to you i can see the videos now. I looked every post. Actualy I only registered to THANK YOU.

So THANK YOU the best help i got
Stallion4

Postby MVELVR » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:08 am

I had to make some of my Movie files executable in the folder they are in and then everything was fine.

I use mediatomb and handbrake
MVELVR

Postby based » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:42 pm

j2048b wrote:There is a posting above yours that explains that there may be something wrong with the newer version of handbrake!!

try reverting back to the older .0.9.2 version and see if that helps!!

also on the first page of transcoding settings tab:

on the left of the screen click : common trnscode settings and go to the bottom of the page (you may have to grab the bottom right hand corner of the page and drag the application bigger ( i hope you know what i mean?)

on the bottom there will be 3 things you can do:

1. disable subtitles
2. skip transcoding for following extensions and
3. (the one that may help) FORCE TRANSCODING FOR FOLLOWING EXTENSIONS

try adding in any corruptable data movie formats such as mp4, or m4v,

i have to do this with my m4v,mp4's and they work great

I've tried this and still no luck playing mp4 files. Is there anything else I need to change?
based

Postby Gotzerocool » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:02 am

Hey now,
I can't see "Switch to tsMuxer when H264 video is ps3 compatible" option. Is it in the osx version?
Can somebody post a screen shot, please. I really looked everywhere I could for this option and many videos are having this problem the last few days.
thanks in advance. :)
Gotzerocool

Postby Raptor399 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:56 am

Gotzerocool wrote:Hey now,
I can't see "Switch to tsMuxer when H264 video is ps3 compatible" option. Is it in the osx version?
Can somebody post a screen shot, please. I really looked everywhere I could for this option and many videos are having this problem the last few days.

That option was renamed 5 months ago. In recent versions of PMS it will be named "Remux videos with tsMuxeR when possible instead of transcoding", the fourth option under "Video/Audio decoder settings for MEncoder Engine only" (select "Video Files Engines > MEncoder" first).
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby Gotzerocool » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:16 am

thanks raptor. i'm obviously not a coder and going through the noob manuals is still confusing for me. So i have that checked and what i figure is i need to turn on the h264/mp4 code options but i'm still confused. i'd like to suggest that shagroth or others who run this include, if possible, a simple box to tick as i've been seeing many posts of others who are having the h264 mp4 issue too. What i'm finding strange is that some work but most don't. Hopefully, my buddy who understands this better will be able to hold my hand figuring it out. i really do appreciate your guy's help. cheers! Zero.
Gotzerocool

PreviousNext

Return to Mac OS X Support