Virtual Folders

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Re: Virtual Folders

Postby taconaut » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:54 pm

Just chiming in to say that I've started my own development about 6 months ago and think that a first release should be ready in about 3 more months.
The current state is that all information retrieved through ffmpeg or mencoder concerning video containers as well as imdb information is stored in a database and can be retrieved from there. A big part of the gui to create the folder structure is done as well. Quite a big part that will be ready for the release is about configuring how a movie will be displayed (video with cover and default properties or something like the movie display in the transcode folder) and isn't done yet. Everything concerning audio and pictures isn't done either, but that shouldn't be a big deal, once all the mechanisms are in place.
Here's the basic idea I had posted; since then it evolved a bit to be more customizable.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby ExSport » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:07 pm

Nice try taconout.
I was thinking about more simple solution and it is merge more different folders to only one which should not be so hard task.
Something like
Code: Select all
D:\Documents + E:\Documents + F:\Documents + G:\Docs = DOCUMENTS folder on PS3
8-)
ExSport

Postby ExSport » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Shagrath, any update on it?
But it seems it will not be so easy as it seems to be for me when you aren't able to do it, so it will be maybe waste of time for me playing with code and finding solution?
You know, my JAVA experience is quite limited :mrgreen:
Thanks
P.S.
It is enough for me some info about this implementation so I will know if problem is your time or difficulty.
If point 2 .... it is useless to start digging in code from my side 8-)
ExSport

Postby shagrath » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:42 pm

I don't think it's that hard to do, but I don't know how to represent this in the user interface. It's more a GUI thing than an internal one
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby ExSport » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:18 pm

Using tags instead of full path?
When you will edit tags, you will see all attached folders to it so e.g.
Tag Documents will represent something like: c:\doc;d:\doc;e:\doc;f:\movies\documents? :mrgreen:
Forgot to say, many thanks for new fixes and released new revisions after long time :mrgreen:
Tested 2 PS3 without my hack and your new code ======> it works!!!!!!!!!!! Thx
What about forced subs patch? Do you plan it to merge it with official version? :roll:
P.S.
You can start thinking about it because I also started thinking about DONATION button for the 3rd time 8-)
I am sure you will find pretty GUI solution :mrgreen:
ExSport

Postby Hybr1dz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:47 am

Virtual Folders are possible in pms-mlx (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9775) by adding a "file system" folder to the library tree. I know this thread is old but it comes up in Google when you search for virtual folder and ps3 media server.
Hybr1dz

Previous

Return to Feature Suggestions