Subtitles on the fly?

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Subtitles on the fly?

Postby Blade_Beam » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:40 am

Shagrath, First, I have to say, I love the program, it is absolutely amazing, please keep up the good work.

I only have one request, and I'm not sure if it's possible or how difficult it would be, but I think it would be nice to be able to turn on and off subtitles on the fly from the PS3 by hitting the subtitles option. I don't know about some people, but some shows, I like to have to subtitles on, and some off, so I don't really like to have to select from the computer beforehand whether I want the subtitles on or not.

If you could do this, that would be absolutely amazing.
Blade_Beam

Re: Subtitles on the fly?

Postby shagrath » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:41 am

ask Sony, cause it's not supported :cry:
but you have subtitles options in #Video Settings# folder now, it's not really on the fly, but something close
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Scribe » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:42 pm

PS3 Media Server has great subtitle support, it's all down to Sony for the rest!
Scribe

Postby Savage_Henry » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:38 pm

shagrath wrote:ask Sony, cause it's not supported :cry:
but you have subtitles options in #Video Settings# folder now, it's not really on the fly, but something close

I know that PS3mediaserver can stream *.divx files with embedded subtitles, no transcoding needed you can swith between sub languages and turn off the subtitles using the PS3's subtitle options. Would it be possible to somehow making the ps3 think it is a *.divx file?
Savage_Henry

Return to Feature Suggestions