I also have difficulties to run PMS as a service on my Vista.
I think I got it to run with 1.02 before I installed version 2.60 on my PS3, then it suddenly stopped to work.
My experiences are the following:
- when I start PMS as local user it always is found by my PS3.
- I have TVersity running as a service. Here the PS3 sometimes finds Tversity after 2-10 minutes
- I have Windows Media Player on my PC. My PS3 always find this media server direct at startup
- always when I start PMS as a service the wrapper.log says that everything is OK, but my PS3 does not find PMS
- I have opened the FW for wrapper.exe
- wireless network with a Netgear Router
- PC with Vista Home
- I can not find that wrapper.log reports anything wrong.