1.04 is broken for me

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

1.04 is broken for me

Postby Carnivac » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:15 pm

Everything was working ok until I upgraded to the latest version and now I can't copy or view videos. They all say they're 94gb (and this is the regular video files not trying to transcode or anything) and even the thumbnail picture seems to be using that of a Doctor Who audio file I had looked at in a directory before (probably the first thumbnail pic I viewed with this version of PS3MS) rather than their own specific animated video clip. Itry to even view the videos and they now say 'Unsupported Data'.

How the heck do I fix this? And can I get 1.03 again to see if that still works?

EDIT: I still had 1.03's install file so I put that back on and that works properly. I don't get what it is about 1.04 that made it unusable for me.
Carnivac

Re: 1.04 is broken for me

Postby Subject2Change » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:22 pm

The copy issue of files saying 94gigs occurs from my experience on files that will not natively playback on my PS3 anyway. It appears to be some sort of reading error between the PS3 and computer. You should still be able to transcode the files with no issues, use the file in #--Transcode--# folder and see if it still has issues on playback.

Also what kind of file types were they, saw you had 1.03exe and that worked but would like to see what the problem was anyway.
Core2Duo E8400 (@ 3.0), 8gigs of Mushkin, Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit, 2.5 TB of Space, Wired to Linksys WRT54G wired to 80GB MGS4 PS3 on Sharp 32" 720p LCD TV
Subject2Change

Re: 1.04 is broken for me

Postby Carnivac » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

They were regular avi files that worked fine on the PS3 itself after copying them over with 1.03 and should never have needed transcoding and 1.04 didn't let me transcode them anyways. I'm gonna stick with 1.03 until this is solved.
Carnivac

Return to General Help and Support