Transcoded .mp4 add "Chapter X" Text

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Transcoded .mp4 add "Chapter X" Text

Postby Subject2Change » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:09 am

Sure this is just something I am over looking however when ever I transcode an MP4 file it will add a Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc text every few minutes on the screen. Backing out of the video playback it goes away and then will come back when the next Chapter hits. I assume there is something I can disable to get rid of this and if it was so large I wouldn't really care. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Core2Duo E8400 (@ 3.0), 8gigs of Mushkin, Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit, 2.5 TB of Space, Wired to Linksys WRT54G wired to 80GB MGS4 PS3 on Sharp 32" 720p LCD TV
Subject2Change

Re: Transcoded .mp4 add "Chapter X" Text

Postby shagrath » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:07 am

you should really give a sample of your file, cause I don't know why mencoder would add this
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Subject2Change » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:41 pm

I'll see if I can get a sample somehow but its on all MP4 files, and when using the #--Transcode--# folder I have 4 options to choose from for transcoding, using the 1st setting I get the Chapter text, the 2nd setting which says MEncoder/AVISynth doesn't add it however it appears to change the aspect ratio for some reason and increases the letterboxing, I took 2 pictures with my Cell Phone to see the difference and to show the Chapter text that is added. Also the other 2 options which i don't recall what they were don't give me any audio playback so it's between the first 2 settings only. When I get home i'll take another look at it. And I just upgraded to 1.04 and tested and it was still there so I am not really sure what is doing it.
Core2Duo E8400 (@ 3.0), 8gigs of Mushkin, Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit, 2.5 TB of Space, Wired to Linksys WRT54G wired to 80GB MGS4 PS3 on Sharp 32" 720p LCD TV
Subject2Change

Postby Subject2Change » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:13 am

disabled the automatically load srt function from Mencoder settings and it no longer shows the "chapters x" text however AVIs with srt subs no longer transcode with the subs on, i don't mind enabling every time I actually play a file with srt subs however would be nice to have. Guess for some reason the mp4 files have subs embedded into it for chapter markers or something, quite strange.
Subject2Change

Return to General Help and Support