Directory Size - DLNA Error 2006

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Directory Size - DLNA Error 2006

Postby jordon » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Re-edit; I tried 1.04 with the same problem. The thing that fixed it was taking that hunk of garbage to Best buy and getting it replaced with a set with older firmware. Problem gone and I'll never upgrade the damn firmware again.
jordon

Postby krazyfiend » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:43 am

I have this same issue with 2006 DLNA errors...

I have two PS3's in the household running off my i7 box that is hosting all the media via PMS v1.11.366

439 xvids are sitting inside of a 1TB drive that has always worked fine in the past (I havent accessed it in about 2-3 months, mkv's have been more of a priority)

I've tried all suggestions from google searches on the issue..proper resetting of every components, my gigabit switch and renaming folder..scanning Media Library over again (resetting in correct order...but I actually never used the Media Library in the past)

Then I realized...why not try the other PS3 on my network which my roomie and I have not let update to 3.0 or 3.01 (2.8 I believe) ... what would you know...The drive and listings of all 439 avi files inside the only folder on the drive load just fine, no DLNA (timing out errors) ..everything seems to play fine and go back to the menu, as it should.

From what I've read out on the net, the DLNA setup on the ps3 was changed w/ 3.0 and 3.01 .. I wish there was a way to rollback the firmware (as I'm sure all those people with games that freeze up or won't play at all with 3.0 and 3.01 have been reporting...I don't use either ps3 for gaming outside of GTA once in a blue moon)

I figured I would just chime in on this discussion... I'm about to subdivide the avi's into a A-G ... H-P ... Q-Z folder setup to not try and avoid the DLNA error.
i7 920 / OC'd to 3.6 on air / 12 gigs Plat OCZ 1600Mhz / Asus P6T / Raid 0 2xWD Blk 640gb / Thermalright Ultra eXtreme 1366 / CM Sileo 500
krazyfiend

Postby P_Ford » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:28 am

I have two older PS3s and a new Slim and haven't had any problems with the new firmware (3.0 and 3.01).... other than issues unrelated to PS3MediaServer, such as the PlayStation Store spammed all over the place. Even streaming content to all threee PS3s simultaneously hasn't been an issue.

What I did that I haven't seen mentioned in any of the threads is I reconfigured the network after updating the firmware. I always do this just as a matter of course, so I don't know if it actually accomplishes anything. I do know that I have approximately 5,000 movies in .vob, .mkv, .mpg, and .m2ts format and some folders that have nearly 500 movies. I haven't had any DNLA errors and browsing the folders is pretty fast, given the number of items in each folder. The thumbnails lag a little behind after resetting the library database, but thats to be expected for the first few visits to each folder. I'm using revision 356, if that's of any help.

I use PS3 Media Server on a Windows Home Server platform (Intel E685, 4gb RAM, gigabit LAN), but I also run it on my QC9650 WIndows Vista 64 PC for testing purposes. No issues on either system and no major changes in the configuration of the software from defaults.
P_Ford

Postby pricey4907 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:51 pm

P_Ford

"What I did that I haven't seen mentioned in any of the threads is I reconfigured the network after updating the firmware. I always do this just as a matter of course, so I don't know if it actually accomplishes anything".

Hi, What did you reconfigure in the network to get these files to scan correctly?
pricey4907

Postby Convex » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:25 pm

this happens on TVersity too, so it's likely not a psm related issue.

i did notice when it happens: if i try to play a file before the ps3 finished catalog of the entire directory including pictures.

sometimes it happens for other reasons too it seems like, but it always seems to happen for me when i do that.
Convex

Postby forcefullpower » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi All,

As the guy above has said about the logging. I Did sone testing while doing a tail on the debug.log. When testing i have over 650 Movies in one single folder. When i first select my films directory you get a lot of the following infomation come up.

[New I/O server worker #1-1] DEBUG 13:22:24.979 Search extension for C:\Users\David\Videos\Films\1408.mp4
[New I/O server worker #1-1] DEBUG 13:22:24.979 Found 1! net.pms.formats.MPG
[New I/O server worker #1-1] INFO 13:22:25.129 Adding 1408.mp4 / class: net.pms.dlna.RealFile
[New I/O server worker #1-1] DEBUG 13:22:25.129 Search extension for C:\Users\David\Videos\Films\16 Blocks.avi
[New I/O server worker #1-1] DEBUG 13:22:25.129 Found 1! net.pms.formats.MPG
[New I/O server worker #1-1] INFO 13:22:25.279 Adding 16 Blocks.avi / class: net.pms.dlna.RealFile
[New I/O server worker #1-1] DEBUG 13:22:25.279 Search extension for C:\Users\David\Videos\Films\21 Grams (LQ).rmvb
[New I/O server worker #1-1] DEBUG 13:22:25.279 Found 1! net.pms.formats.MKV
[New I/O server worker #1-1] INFO 13:22:25.432 Adding 21 Grams (LQ).rmvb / class: net.pms.dlna.RealFile
[New I/O server worker #1-1] INFO 13:22:25.432 Switching 21 Grams (LQ).rmvb to player: MEncoder
[New I/O server worker #1-1] DEBUG 13:22:25.432 Search extension for C:\Users\David\Videos\Films\28 Days Later.avi
[New I/O server worker #1-1] DEBUG 13:22:25.432 Found 1! net.pms.formats.MPG
[New I/O server worker #1-1] INFO 13:22:25.582 Adding 28 Days Later.avi / class: net.pms.dlna.RealFile
[New I/O server worker #1-1] DEBUG 13:22:25.582 Search extension for C:\Users\David\Videos\Films\28 Week Later.avi
[New I/O server worker #1-1] DEBUG 13:22:25.582 Found 1! net.pms.formats.MPG

Even tho i got the DNLa 2006 error I found that once it had finished doing the [New I/O server worker #1-1] on 650 films. I also did not have to restart PMS or the PS3 but just went up to the root icon and then back to the film directory. It then showed me the whole list of films.

There seems to be an issue with how long the PS3 waits to receive the information at the end of the [New I/O server worker #1-1].

Could someone inform me why it does the above [New I/O server worker #1-1] since i have the media library cache on. Should this not be checked on PMS start up that all the files are synced and not once you select that directory?
forcefullpower

Postby shagrath » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:23 am

These long delays in the log are suspect. I may have an idea... Care to try some unstable patchs ? :p

1) first patch, should speed up subtitles detection: drop this file next to PMS.exe and restart your server: http://ps3mediaserver.org/files/patchs/ ... update.jar

2) If no improvements, next patch with no subtitles detection at all: http://ps3mediaserver.org/files/patchs/ ... update.jar
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby merciles » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:44 am

shagrath wrote:These long delays in the log are suspect. I may have an idea... Care to try some unstable patchs ? :p

1) first patch, should speed up subtitles detection: drop this file next to PMS.exe and restart your server: http://ps3mediaserver.org/files/patchs/ ... update.jar

2) If no improvements, next patch with no subtitles detection at all: http://ps3mediaserver.org/files/patchs/ ... update.jar

Hi Shagrath,

Sorry I must have missed this post when originally posted but I would like to provide feedback regarding your patches.

I am using the current latest build 372 and have tried both your patches.

The first patch made no noticable difference, I still received the DLNA 2006 error. I did not actually time the results to see if there was an improvement if you would like the results to see if there was an improvement, I can give that to you.

The 2nd patch has fixed the problem and my directory listing came up within a 15 sec's or so and I did NOT receive the DLNA error 2006 :D :D . Great, so the problem has been narrowed down to subtitle detection being the culprit.

I then removed the update.jar patch and unchecked the Autoload *.srt/*.sub thinking it might be the same thing this patch is providing, but the error returns again with or without that option checked.

The 2nd update.jar file is a great workaround for me for now, but it would be great to get this timing issue solved while still checking and loading the the subfiles if the movie requires it. I will just use the transcode folder for subbed movies for the time being until a full solution can be offered.

Thanks again for looking into the problem, it has been really frustrating waiting 15 mins for a list to populate.
merciles

Postby merciles » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:01 am

Well with the patch I can not get the subtitles to appear in the transcode folder like I originally thought. Probably should have checked that before posting but fixed one problem, created another.
merciles

Postby natjen » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:41 pm

HI I also reverted back to 1.04 and my DLNA error went away, my browsing speed is also way up, thankyou OP'er I owe you one!
natjen

PreviousNext

Return to General Help and Support