Sorry I must have missed this post when originally posted but I would like to provide feedback regarding your patches.
I am using the current latest build 372 and have tried both your patches.
The first patch made no noticable difference, I still received the DLNA 2006 error. I did not actually time the results to see if there was an improvement if you would like the results to see if there was an improvement, I can give that to you.
The 2nd patch has fixed the problem and my directory listing came up within a 15 sec's or so and I did NOT receive the DLNA error 2006
. Great, so the problem has been narrowed down to subtitle detection being the culprit.
I then removed the update.jar patch and unchecked the Autoload *.srt/*.sub thinking it might be the same thing this patch is providing, but the error returns again with or without that option checked.
The 2nd update.jar file is a great workaround for me for now, but it would be great to get this timing issue solved while still checking and loading the the subfiles if the movie requires it. I will just use the transcode folder for subbed movies for the time being until a full solution can be offered.
Thanks again for looking into the problem, it has been really frustrating waiting 15 mins for a list to populate.