Data type not supported

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Data type not supported

Postby crick965 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:20 am

.. this is the message that my PS3 given me when i'm trying to see some kind of file.
PS3 media server works fine with a lot of ".avi", but with some other ".avi" and with ".mkv" my PS3 given me the message in the subject.
Can you help me ?

P.S. I have tried some configuration suggested by pop-up (e.g. " Normal Quality", "Great Quality" ..) but the results no changes !
crick965

Re: Data type not supported

Postby meskibob » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:32 pm

Those are just containers. You need to make sure the codec on the inside is PS3 compatible for basic streaming. If it's not compatible, you can play the file through the #Transcoded# folder listed in the same directory as all of your video files when on the PS3.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby crick965 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:29 pm

Many thanks for your quick reply.
I'm going to try later and tomorrow I will give you a feedback about it.

Regards
crick965

Postby crick965 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:16 pm

meskibob wrote:Those are just containers. You need to make sure the codec on the inside is PS3 compatible for basic streaming. If it's not compatible, you can play the file through the #Transcoded# folder listed in the same directory as all of your video files when on the PS3.

... I LOVE YOU !!! :)
crick965

Return to General Help and Support