Wireless Stuttering Issues Solved!

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Wireless Stuttering Issues Solved!

Postby meskibob » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:59 pm

It appears that Belkin model doesn't have a transfer rate setting, atleast according to the manual I found on the Belkin site.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby baseballfan » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:52 am

does anyone know how to lower the transmit rate on an apple extreme router? Ive racked my brain trying to find it.
baseballfan

Postby dankmen » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:56 am

I have this issue when streaming music from my PC. It doesn't stutter so much as it just stops every once in a while (at random intervals) to 'catch up' or something. I was unable to change my Airlink wireless N routers transmission rate unless I backed it down to only run as a G router. I've tried 18mb/s, but it still stuttered, I'm about to try 12, and then 9 to see if it works. No luck so far.'

Transmission rate all the down to 9mb/s and still have the music stop for a second, and then keep going. Not sure what to do now. Any suggestions? The only thing I can think of is have another wireless router near the PS3 as a bridge, and plug the PS3 directly into it, but then I have to buy another router.

Ideas?
dankmen

Postby TheTomato » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:26 am

Anyone know how to get the transfer rate below 54mbps on the new Netgear Wireless-N? It seems to only have a drop-down with three presets you can select: 54, 156, 300. I'm having serious stuttering issues on DVD-quality videos (I haven't even tried HD/BD-quality yet). Sometimes it'll play fine, other times it'll stutter and sometimes even stop completely.
TheTomato

Previous

Return to General Help and Support