Hello, I would like to start by saying thank you very much for the best media server created for the PS3, hands down.
I've been running PMS on XP 32bit for quite some time now without any problems what so ever, I've been able to throw pretty much anything at it and it has never complained. 1080p mkv + srt, DivX, and ISO, everything has worked flawlessly. But then I went and did something stupid. I got a license for Vista from my job and I thought to myself, what the heck, lets try it out.
Now things don't work so well anymore. I can play DivX without any problems but when it comes to MKV it just wont function properly. First of all it takes some time between pressing play until anything at all happens. When something happens it's usually just a line of subtitles from somewhere far into the movie. In some cases I get image but its stuttering very badly, then just freezes and then "fastforwards". When I look at my network traffic I notice that its not a nice flow of traffic, rather sending at about 70Mbits/s for a short time then a complete stop and then the same thing all over again.
I also get a lot of DLNA errors since my emmigration to Vista 64.
Im using a wired connection between the computer and the D-Link router and also wire from the router to the PS3. This has never been an issue before.
Excuse my english, its not my native language as you might have guessed by now, hopefully you understand what I mean anyways =)