PS3 Streaming

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 Streaming

Postby Help !! » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:46 am

Hello,

i am trying stream TS files over a wireless home network, i can get everything working up to the point of selecting the Title files to play within the ##Transcoded## folder on the PS3 when i select the Title 1file to play it just has a black screen and a message saying there are no tracks, i have deleted and then added my file paths to PS3 media server and no luck still the same message, any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Help !!

Re: PS3 Streaming

Postby Help !! » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:52 am

Ok, went back to check PS3 after submitting this post and everything was working. Title files played like they should, but i have some shuttering or intermittent skipping troubles, it is so bad you cant watch the movie. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Help !!

Postby Subject2Change » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:17 am

If people are downloading, uploading or using the network, of its just getting a weak signal it may be the cause stuttering issues. Hard wired connection is best especially when transcoding, if you can find a way to wire into your network do that otherwise ensure no one is using any p2p software, downloading anything or doing any thing network intensive at it will hinder the bandwidth available on your network for your Media Server.

As well as what are the specs on your computer that you are using? An older machine may have problems playing back.
Core2Duo E8400 (@ 3.0), 8gigs of Mushkin, Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit, 2.5 TB of Space, Wired to Linksys WRT54G wired to 80GB MGS4 PS3 on Sharp 32" 720p LCD TV
Subject2Change

Postby Help !! » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:58 am

Thank You for the feedback, i am completely wireless and i do have the option of hard wiring but i have to drill some holes where i do not want to, so maybe i will bit the bullet and just get it done. I am currently using an HP Pavillion Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 @ 2.13 Ghz, 2 GB Ram. I think this computer is plenty ?
Help !!

Postby Subject2Change » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:18 pm

Your computer specs should be fine. I was having stuttering issues with just streaming every now and then if anyone was on the network it would happen and I literally just hard wired last night and I am loving it. Being able to fast forward through programs at 60 and 120x is great and I can now transcode 720p MKVs if needed without playback issue while downloading files. If i need to copy something to the PS3 it is also much quicker. So it really is worth it even if you gotta drill a few holes, luckily my router was only about 50 feet away so I just ran the cat5 across the floor behind things and taped it down for the mean time.
Core2Duo E8400 (@ 3.0), 8gigs of Mushkin, Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit, 2.5 TB of Space, Wired to Linksys WRT54G wired to 80GB MGS4 PS3 on Sharp 32" 720p LCD TV
Subject2Change

Return to General Help and Support