Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Postby ajjaaj » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:26 am

Somehow the scale command (-vf scale=1920:1080) is working now, don't know how. As far as I know I didn't change anything compared to when it wasn't working. So problem solved, thanks guys.
ajjaaj

Postby karl123 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 am

Stuttering of transcoded HD
Just like the Sony Bravia users, I see stuttering of some transcoded HD material on my Philips TV, e.g. 1080p and orginal m2ts format.
The format is transcoded by mencoder to a mpeg program stream (needed for Philips TV).
I have tried multiple options in networking (not likely cause, I have 100Mbs cabled network), lower mpeg quality setting, optimize dual core (I use a fast E8400 dual core processor and 2GB memory with XP) etc.
In the FAQ AviSynth/Mencoder trancoding engine is recommended with dual core, but this does not solve it.
So I do not yet have a clue on how to cope with this.
=> Which options should I use to reduce/avoid stuttering in real-time transcoding?
=> How can I analyse where the bottleneck is?

Sound disappears after a short time
On some transcoded HD movies the sound disappears after a small period (e.g. a minute).
My settings in PMS are 2 ch stereo.
=> Any idea on the cause of this disappearing sound?
karl123

Postby chuck_die_bohne » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:23 pm

hi,
i'm using r366 with the update patch and wanna stream to a samsung le40b650. mencoder works fine. but wenn ich try to remux a .mkv file with tsmuxer the video is much to fast and i have no sound.

can anyone give me a hint, were i can look for the error?

greets
chuck_die_bohne

Postby zippoko » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Hi, new here, but have been using the PS3 Media Server v1.11.356 for a while now with my Sony Bravia KDL-32W5710 on Ubuntu 9.04 without any problems.

However, I have just upgraded to Ubuntu 9.10 and now the TV isn't recognising any videos. Has anyone else come up with this problem & found a solution? I've tried reinstalling ffmpeg, mencoder & mplayer, but it hasn't made a difference.
zippoko

Re: Has anyone tested other streaming clients with new PMS 1.11?

Postby shagrath » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:50 am

tomeko wrote:Other method to don't set profile for every country:
PMS could send few <res> tags within one <item> with DLNA profiles (some mediaservers do it: WMP, Nero), i.e:

tomeko, I will make something like this in the next revision
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby KingHippo » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:48 pm

karl123 wrote:Stuttering of transcoded HD
Just like the Sony Bravia users, I see stuttering of some transcoded HD material on my Philips TV, e.g. 1080p and orginal m2ts format.
The format is transcoded by mencoder to a mpeg program stream (needed for Philips TV).
I have tried multiple options in networking (not likely cause, I have 100Mbs cabled network), lower mpeg quality setting, optimize dual core (I use a fast E8400 dual core processor and 2GB memory with XP) etc.
In the FAQ AviSynth/Mencoder trancoding engine is recommended with dual core, but this does not solve it.
So I do not yet have a clue on how to cope with this.
=> Which options should I use to reduce/avoid stuttering in real-time transcoding?
=> How can I analyse where the bottleneck is?

Sound disappears after a short time
On some transcoded HD movies the sound disappears after a small period (e.g. a minute).
My settings in PMS are 2 ch stereo.
=> Any idea on the cause of this disappearing sound?

A friend had problems streaming full HD with 100mbit, with gigabit it was working flawless. So try with a gigabit switch or similar.
I have the same problem as you do on my 100mbit net, but only on higher quality HD (1080p and/or large files). 720p works fine.
KingHippo

Postby ExSport » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:12 pm

Always you can limit bandwidth so it will not shutter. So try to use bandwidth limit in PMS to 80Mbit or similar value...depending on quality of connection and network usage.
ExSport

Postby telecofr » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:46 pm

hello,

I buy today my 46WE5 TV and I would like to use ps3 media server to read all video on my tv.

Can you say me how to do ? Which version of ps3 media server I would use with which files ?

thank you !!

fr
telecofr

Video jerking with Bravia 45z5500

Postby J L » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi,

when I use the PS3 Mediaserver with my Sony Bravia KDL 46z5500 everything is working until after 3 or 4 minutes the Video and Audio starts to studder. The transcodebuffer is allways full then an the bitrate goes down to 655 kb/s. Also if I want to shutdown the PS3 Mediaserver, the java engine doesn't shut down. I installed Java for x86 and x64.

The server is a Windows 2008 x64 with 6GB Ram. I use the PS3 Mediaserver version 1.11.366

THX
J L
Attachments
debug.zip
Debug File
(18.3 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
J L

Postby pablo_amable » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Hi telecofr,

First you need a network connection between your TV and server machine :D , 100Mbit should suffice (WE5 has 100Mbit etherenet adapter) you can try WiFi but i was not satisfied with it - the bandwidth was very limited.

Also you will need to use latest beta build:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3217

After you download it you will have to modify the Bravia conf to let the renderer name match your TV name i use the following:
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=46WE in Bravia5500.conf i believe other setting may stay as are (but you may want to put bandwidth limit to 100mbit here).

Please let me know if you need help on this.

Please remember this Bravia has only 100Mbit ethernet adapter so you will have to adjust some other settings appropriately.
pablo_amable

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers