PMS"Rendr Edition" - BD Live players as streaming clients

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PMS"Rendr Edition" - BD Live players as streaming clients

Postby Uridium » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:41 am

jaqb wrote:Today I have received this bluray...I havent test it yet...-

Any chance of uploading the an ISO somewhere.?...will take weeks for my copy to make it's way across the pond..
Uridium

Postby rayinblu » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:16 pm

Uridium - you can sign up for beta at http://www.rayinblu.com/ and we will make sure your disc is shipped ASAP.
rayinblu

Postby rayinblu » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:18 pm

shagrath wrote:damn they beat me, I got some experiences in bd-j as well ( bd-j homebrew anyone? :p ) and got the same idea some months ago :)

Shagrath - We all are so impressed with your work that we are flattered having thought along the same line as you.
rayinblu

Postby otmanix » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:38 pm

Today I got mail from USA, it was from Ray in Blu. It included a Blueray-disc which I tested on my PS3. First of all you have to start the Blueray like an ordinary movie. Then the application is loaded and you have to choose between NTSC or PAL. After that the menu starts up:
31102009020.jpg
PMS rendr edition - Ray in Blu
31102009020.jpg (161.66 KiB) Viewed 2671 times

The navigation seems too be really annoying. If there are lots of files in a folder it's like slow motion. A playback/streaming of a movie caused a crash of the application.
O.k., it's still a beta. But to me it looks like for PS3 users there is no reason to change from XMB to Ray in Blu.

Best regards, Otmanix
I provide NO application support via PM, so please post your question to the forum.
PS3 Media Server related articles on my blog: http://otmanix.de/?cat=11&lang=en
otmanix

Postby Uridium » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:45 am

rayinblu wrote:Uridium - you can sign up for beta at http://www.rayinblu.com/ and we will make sure your disc is shipped ASAP.

I signed up a long time ago ;) I had the email saying my disc shipped 10 days ago. (no sign of it yet this is why i asked about a download option)
Uridium

Postby otmanix » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:08 am

I signed up a long time ago ;) I had the email saying my disc shipped 10 days ago. (no sign of it yet this is why i asked about a download option)

Hi Uridium,
I can send you my disc if you want to. I don't have the possibility to upload somewhere because I don't have a BD-drive in my PC.
Best regards, Otmanix
I provide NO application support via PM, so please post your question to the forum.
PS3 Media Server related articles on my blog: http://otmanix.de/?cat=11&lang=en
otmanix

Postby shagrath » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:12 am

thanks for the feedback, keep us informed :)
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Uridium » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:07 am

otmanix wrote:

Hi Uridium,
I can send you my disc if you want to. I don't have the possibility to upload somewhere because I don't have a BD-drive in my PC.
Best regards, Otmanix

Thanks for the kind offer but as mine is in the post I may as well just hang on for it now.
Uridium

Postby dec » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:11 pm

I've been trying to use this for some time now, mostly unsuccessfully.

For some strange reason with my blu-ray player - Panasonic DMP-BD35 (UK PAL version) - it will only play HD content but not SD via the Rendr disc!

Apparenly I seem to be the only one with this issue. When I try SD content (avi/divx, mkv, mpeg2 files) I get no picture but sound. If I try to scan forwards I get a small (quarter screen) picture in the top left corner, which then dissapears when play resumes.

This is a real shame as rayinblu seem unable to replicate or rectify this fault! Apparently they even have other users with the same player who have no issues.

I've tried a different TV with no luck and many test versions of the PMS server all no to avail. As I can play HD content, I don't think it should be a problem with my PC (laptop + Vista) or network.

The only thing about my player that I think (but doubt) could affect playback is that I made it multi-region for DVD's via a programmable hex-code remote control hack. I don't really see how that would affect this though.

My player has no issues with production BD-Live discs, I've even downloaded HD & SD trailers via a BD-Live disc that played with no issues. I've also used MultiAVCHD to make video files play via SD card with no issues. DVD's, Blu-Ray's, AVCHD DVD's & Divx DVD's all play without issue, so I don't think there's anything wrong with my player.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

EDIT: - I've also performed a factory reset on my player and updated to the latest UK firmware (v1.7) but this makes no difference.
dec

Postby gbit69 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:04 am

Somebody MUST rip this and upload it. I can't wait any longer.
gbit69

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins