Last.Fm scrobbling support

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: Last.Fm scrobbling support

Postby Snorfle » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:41 pm

dusoft wrote:
Snorfle wrote:FYI I'm actually not seeing any "Listening now using ..." string at all when I use the PMS scrobbler plugin :)

That's probably because you have "Hide real-time listening information" enabled in your privacy settings on last.fm. Could you check that please to make sure this is the case ;)

Nope, actually, that setting is not enabled (didn't even know about it until now :D ). When I scrobble from my computer I see "Winamp + Last fm plugin" or something like that. I'll double check this again later today.
Snorfle

Postby Snorfle » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:18 pm

As a follow-up, I can say that I tried this again with the same results.
Snorfle

Postby lifelong_fluke » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:47 am

Hi, I was really excited about this plugin, but I've been so far unsuccessful in getting it to work :(
I've tried it in both 366 and 363, I've just extracted the .jar file into the plugins folder.
I've gone to the plugin settings and entered my username and password, then saved settings. However, each time I click on the plugin settings it doesn't seem to have remembered my username/password. And I haven't been able to scrobble anything yet.
I was wondering if I was doing something wrong...
lifelong_fluke

Postby dusoft » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:58 am

Try adding this to your PMS.conf(make sure PS3 Media Server is not running while you edit the file):
lastfm.scrobbler.user = yourusername
lastfm.scrobbler.password = yourpassword
dusoft

Postby lifelong_fluke » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:07 am

I just checked my .conf file, and the password and username are there correctly, but it still isn't scrobbling. Do I need to be transcoding perhaps? If so, how do I force transcoding of audio?
Apart from that, any other suggestions would be more than welcome :D
lifelong_fluke

Postby dusoft » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:50 am

I didn't do anything special.. It scrobbles both mp3s and FLACs. Try to look at your debug.log and search for lastfm or word 'handshake'
dusoft

Postby lifelong_fluke » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:54 am

Strange, lastfm only appears in the debug log when it detects the plugin on startup, and the word "handshake" isn't in the log at all...
lifelong_fluke

Postby dusoft » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:36 am

lifelong_fluke wrote:Strange, lastfm only appears in the debug log when it detects the plugin on startup, and the word "handshake" isn't in the log at all...

following initialization strings appear in my debug.log
Code: Select all
[main] TRACE 08:03:20.789 Detected plugin net.pms.external.LastFMScrobbler
[main] TRACE 08:03:21.182 LastFM Scrobbler initialization OK

And these strings for every song played on PS3: "LastFM Scrobbler nowPlaying OK", "LastFM Scrobbler donePlaying OK"
dusoft

Postby lifelong_fluke » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:22 am

I'm getting the first initialization string, but not the second, and so it follows that there is no scrobble line after each song...
lifelong_fluke

Postby dusoft » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:06 pm

If you don't get "Error in scrobbler initialization:" line either, then it means plugin was unable to find username or password lines in your config.
If you get this line, please post it here since it will containe a bit more information about error
dusoft

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins