Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Postby shagrath » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:09 pm

here it is, copy this in the application dir. Special test case with no delay and 1Mb minimum buffer before start...
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby shagrath » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:14 pm

sorry, bad patch, here's a better one:

http://ps3mediaserver.org/files/patchdelay2/update.jar
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby karl123 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:54 am

shagrath wrote:sorry, bad patch, here's a better one:
http://ps3mediaserver.org/files/patchdelay2/update.jar

It's working finaly!!
Thanks to all help, especially from Shagrath and Tomeko.

Did install the patch and I can play from inside the virtual #-Transcode-# folder with "MEncoder {Audio:AC3/Undetermined}".
Now this works on my Philips Aurea TV. Next I will do some more testing.
But also the questions comes up:
- Does the config file contain a switch for the transcoding capability "Program versus Transport stream"? E.g. TransportStream=false
karl123

Postby mastoul » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:36 am

I have an issue with my samsung wiselink. I had it since the begin and is not related with latest versions only. When a movie starts its playing for about 20-30 minutes and then stops. it doesn't matter if it is an HD movie or SD or series or how big it is. Is something that i can do about it? With PS3 works like a charm but not with wiselink.
Also i tried it with my iphone and i can stream music to my phone but not movies because mpeg is not supported from iphone. Is there a way to switch the export format that pms gives from mpeg to mp4 whenever i need it?
mastoul

Postby shagrath » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:40 am

karl123 wrote:It's working finaly!!
Thanks to all help, especially from Shagrath and Tomeko.

Did install the patch and I can play from inside the virtual #-Transcode-# folder with "MEncoder {Audio:AC3/Undetermined}".
Now this works on my Philips Aurea TV. Next I will do some more testing.
But also the questions comes up:
- Does the config file contain a switch for the transcoding capability "Program versus Transport stream"? E.g. TransportStream=false

glad to hear that ! I will add a renderer parameter (one more :p) to manage this special behavior (something like TranscodeStartDelay=true/false)
now you just have to make a Philips.conf file and I will gladly put it wit the others :p

I have an issue with my samsung wiselink. I had it since the begin and is not related with latest versions only. When a movie starts its playing for about 20-30 minutes and then stops. it doesn't matter if it is an HD movie or SD or series or how big it is. Is something that i can do about it?

no, it's a known bug, seems there's a problem with the mpeg stream generated by the server...
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby ExSport » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:54 pm

Shagrath also what about to configure both?
I mean wait x secs before stream to be sent and wait for minimal buffer size blablabla... Or use only one parameter for it.
I think that sometimes it is better to stream it immediatelly because on quad core CPU buffer it is filled quite well compared to lower CPU specs. But for worse CPU minimal buffer or time before streming can be usefull...
Then maybe also REW/FWD will be more responsive?
Now little bit off topic.
When you browse folder where some MKV files are with separate cover picture, PMS shows right picture but always try to grab via txMuxeR this picture but don't use it in the end. This check is useless and slows load of file structure when cover already exist on disk...
Thanks
ExSport

Postby karl123 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:17 pm

shagrath wrote:glad to hear that ! I will add a renderer parameter (one more :p) to manage this special behavior (something like TranscodeStartDelay=true/false)
now you just have to make a Philips.conf file and I will gladly put it wit the others :p
Shagrath: In the attached philips.zip file you find the Philips configuration file Philips.conf and a Philips Aurea TV picture philips.png.

Please test your Philips TV with PMS and share your experiences, tips and tricks in this forum thread.

Installation for Philips TV:
- Run pms-setup-windows-1.11.363.exe
- Copy update.jar (see Shagrath above) in PMS install folder (C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server)
- Copy Philips.conf to renderer folder (C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server\renderers)
- Add philips.png to pms.jar archive in folder: pms.jar\resources\images\clients (I did use winrar for this)

Both Philips Aurea TV and NetTV can only handle Program Streams (no Transport Streams!)
So in #-Transcode-# folder you should only use the option:
"MEncoder {Audio:AC3/Undetermined}"
The current PMS beta 1.11.363 release needs the update.jar patch for Philips TV.

When the Philips is supported in the official release (no need for update.jar) then I will submit a description to the thread
PS3 Media Server for dummies / tutorial howto documentation
Attachments
philips.zip
(13.3 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
karl123

Postby shagrath » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:48 am

ExSport wrote:Shagrath also what about to configure both?
I mean wait x secs before stream to be sent and wait for minimal buffer size blablabla... Or use only one parameter for it.
I think that sometimes it is better to stream it immediatelly because on quad core CPU buffer it is filled quite well compared to lower CPU specs. But for worse CPU minimal buffer or time before streming can be usefull...
Then maybe also REW/FWD will be more responsive?

in PMS.conf you can play with the 'minvideobuffer' property (in megabytes) and 'key_videotranscode_start_delay' (in seconds)
REW/FWD are already using low values since the first ps3ms versions, the delay is just applied on the start of the video
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby shagrath » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:50 am

karl123 wrote:When the Philips is supported in the official release (no need for update.jar) then I will submit a description to the thread
PS3 Media Server for dummies / tutorial howto documentation

Well it's done ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3217 ), I added a new parameter in Philips.conf: TranscodeFastStart=true
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby karl123 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:27 pm

shagrath wrote:
karl123 wrote:When the Philips is supported in the official release (no need for update.jar) then I will submit a description to the thread PS3 Media Server for dummies / tutorial howto documentation

Well it's done ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3217 ), I added a new parameter in Philips.conf: TranscodeFastStart=true

And it works fine!! Thanks.
Also added a very simpel description in the thread "PS3 Media Server for dummies / tutorial howto documentation" for new users.
See http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=18424#p18424
More advanced discussions might better be done in this thread.

Next is fine-tuning of the Philips configuration.
Any question, discussion, remark? Use the forum...

Some details:
The following settings in the philips.conf are required for the Philips TV to work properly with PMS:

The Philips TV needs to receive a transcoded video with minimal delay (this TV has a very small timeout delay).
If not set, the TV will abort the play with "Not available" due to a "detected" time-out.
TranscodeFastStart=true

The size of the transcoded file is required to be -1 for the PS3, but this will crash the browsing for other TV rendererers.
For the Philips TV it need to be a positive integer, and we had better make it large:
TranscodedVideoFileSize=100000000000

The current generation Philips networked TV's can only play Program Streams (no Transport Streams).
(Program Streams are simpler and Transport Streams have more error correcting. So the latter is used in e.g. broadcasting. But for local usage a Program Stream works fine.)
Programe Streams are output by some transcoders and "MEncoder {Audio:AC3/Undetermined}" will always play.
A first question: are there options to force Program Streams in the various transcoders?
Last edited by karl123 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
karl123

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers