Official thread for non-ps3 renderers (Bravia, etc.)

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Has anyone tested other streaming clients with new PMS 1.11?

Postby karl123 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:50 pm

shagrath wrote:best thing is to create the transcoded video file by hand (with help of command line found in debug.log) and stream samples of those files (no #transcode folder here)... maybe the TV does not like the format outputted by mencoder

This was actually done in the tests proposed by Tomeko.
The test file is the avi file and this does not play with real-time transcoding.
Used the command line to do the encode manually (see testavi.bat attached), the result is teststream.mpg and this plays OK. So the TV can cope with mencoder output.
See Tomeks report in http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2099&start=210#p17301
Attachments
testavi.zip
(568 Bytes) Downloaded 91 times
karl123

Postby shagrath » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:00 pm

ah sorry didn't follow all tests, well obviously there's some fancy parameter which prevents the video to be played

Like the Netgear guys who bought a Samsung one, maybe we have to buy the TV to make it work :p
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby dangoodmanx » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:52 am

I have a Sony Bravia 46W5150 (US). I think it's basically the same as the 5100.
I see there have been a lot of patches by various developers to get the Bravia line working correctly and there has been some success, at least on some of the models. The developers are doing a great job supporting these platforms. I know everyone appreciates their effort.
I'm running version 1.11.363, and I have the problem where the folders show up fine but no video files. The #Transcode# folder has subfolders named after the original video files, but when I select those folders, I see the "There are no items to display" text. I see the same thing if I try to "play" the folders from the options menu.
I've noticed a lot of people have had this same problem for quite a while, and I couldn't figure out from the forums if the current Bravia fixes solved the problem and I had a configuration issue or if there's another problem that hasn't been resolved for my particular Bravia model. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
dangoodmanx

Postby tomeko » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:25 am

dangoodmanx wrote:The #Transcode# folder has subfolders named after the original video files, but when I select those folders, I see the "There are no items to display" text. I see the same thing if I try to "play" the folders from the options menu.

There's a bug in PMS: http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/issues/detail?id=472#c4
Workaround:
Disable "Switch to tsMuxer when H264 video is ps3 compatibile and....." option (Transcode Settings tab, Video Files Engines: MEncoder) or set MuxH264ToMpegTS=false in renderer .conf file
tomeko
Project Member

Postby dangoodmanx » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:00 pm

Thanks tomeko.

I tried doing a clean install of 363, since I made a lot of changes yesterday trying to get this to work. I then changed both the Bravia5500.conf (PMS sees my 5150 as a 5500), and the setting in the UI as you suggested. I still can't see the video files, though. Do you have any other suggestions? Do you know of anyone who's gotten a 5150 or 5100 to work?
dangoodmanx

Postby dangoodmanx » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Okay. I also had to add this line to the Bravia5500.conf.

DLNAProfileChanges=MPEG_PS_PAL=MPEG_PS_NTSC|MPEG_TS_SD_EU=MPEG_TS_SD_NA|MPEG_TS_SD_EU_ISO=MPEG_TS_SD_NA_ISO

After that, it worked great. Thanks for your help.
dangoodmanx

Postby tomeko » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:56 pm

dangoodmanx wrote:
DLNAProfileChanges=MPEG_PS_PAL=MPEG_PS_NTSC|MPEG_TS_SD_EU=MPEG_TS_SD_NA|MPEG_TS_SD_EU_ISO=MPEG_TS_SD_NA_ISO

After that, it worked great.

It's great :). Could you add BRAVIA 5100 info to http://www.upnp-database.info/ with tool from this site? I want to check media DLNA profiles supported by this TV model.
tomeko
Project Member

Postby shagrath » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:01 pm

dangoodmanx wrote:Okay. I also had to add this line to the Bravia5500.conf.

After that, it worked great. Thanks for your help.

damn, I made something to avoid this :p which country you live in ? US/Canada ?
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby tomeko » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:33 pm

shagrath wrote:damn, I made something to avoid this :p which country you live in ? US/Canada ?

shagrath, look this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC.
Maybe checking supported profiles with ConnectionManager.GetProtocolInfo method will be better to set proper DLNA profile?
tomeko
Project Member

Postby shagrath » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:46 pm

tomeko wrote:
shagrath wrote:damn, I made something to avoid this :p which country you live in ? US/Canada ?

shagrath, look this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC.
Maybe checking supported profiles with ConnectionManager.GetProtocolInfo method will be better to set proper DLNA profile?

Can you elaborate ? actually the getProtocolInfo response returns all flavors by default. I don't think the TV is sending the supported profiles beforehand
shagrath
Project Lead

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers