Any chance for a Snow Leopard release?

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Any chance for a Snow Leopard release?

Postby Michelasso » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:52 pm

Hopefully at 64 bits. I don't know why but I think it is one of the few applications that would really benefit from it. So, any news on that side?
Michelasso

Re: Any chance for a Snow Leopard release?

Postby meskibob » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:55 pm

It already works in Snow Leopard (I believe), and it's already running in 64-bit if you have 64-bit java.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Michelasso » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Which one? 1.10.5? Or the beta (which I can't find anymore)?

EDIT: I see. 1.10.5 is reported as a 64 bits apps. But what about mencoder and all the tools? Will they be updated?
Michelasso

Postby meskibob » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:14 pm

It's up to their respective developers to release 64-bit binaries. PMS has no control over that.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Jarod2 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:00 am

Oh? Takes less than ten minutes to check out from SVN and roll your own mt-binaries. :-)
Jarod2

Postby meskibob » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:32 am

Jarod2 wrote:Oh? Takes less than ten minutes to check out from SVN and roll your own mt-binaries. :-)
I'm pretty sure how a CPU is threaded has nothing (directly) to do with the CPU's system architecture.... right? :shock:
And a side note: it appears there's no stable 64-bit MEncoder builds for Windows, but it looks like there might be some for linux...
meskibob

Return to Mac OS X Support