PS3 Media Server Cover Generator Application

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PS3 Media Server Cover Generator Application

Postby Dark_Wizard » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:40 pm

Bozster...did you see my requests on the first page?
Dark_Wizard

Postby Dan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:24 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the reset bug just wasn't mentioned in the upcoming release note since it's not fixed.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Dan

Postby dbthedon » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:46 am

With regard to the naming of the files, am i missing something? Can you not simply put the movie in the movie directory and call it folder.png or folder.jpg for it to work? Im at work and cant see if there is any difference in the 2 methods
dbthedon

Postby Uridium » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:11 pm

dbthedon wrote:With regard to the naming of the files, am i missing something? Can you not simply put the movie in the movie directory and call it folder.png or folder.jpg for it to work? Im at work and cant see if there is any difference in the 2 methods

a png named folder.png will apply that image for all video files in the folder. OK for say a season of TV shows but not good if you have a folder with say 20 different movies in. In this case you would name the png moviename.png to use a different image for each movie.
Uridium

Postby dbthedon » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:59 pm

Ah ok that makes sense, cheers. As i have a strict folder structure of

:\HD Movies\Movie Name\Movie file

I didnt think about multiple movies in a single directory.
dbthedon

Postby ThePrutser » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:16 pm

Just wanted to say:
What an excellent app! Superb work! Nice lay out, everything!

Keep it up!
PS3 80Gb / Wired to 100/1000Mb Network
DLink DIR-655 Router / FirmWare 1.32NA
Windows 7 Enterprise x64 / 8Gb / Q6600 @ 3,6Ghz / 1Gbs NIC
PS3 Media Server 1.11.366
MCSE 2000/2003, MCITP: EA
ThePrutser

Postby furball » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:19 pm

hey.. not sure if its just me or what, but else it would be great to put covers on .ISO and .IMG files :)
furball

Postby Niriel » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:04 am

Nice work, you should really think about a donation button, maybe some of us will donate.

I have a little suggestion about the templates. Since digital copies are coming up on more Blurays (got one with Batman and one with Underworld 3, Disney says the will do it in future) it would be nice if you can make a template with a filmreel frame coming out of the cover (or standing before like the discs in 2.0 version) reading 'digital copy'.

Gladly I've just begun make covers my own way. So it's not to late to drop them and make nice ones with your app.

regards, Niriel
Niriel

Postby quepaso » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:47 am

Wanted to say thank you for this software, i wanted to do nice thumbnails but the process was so time consuming, i never got around to it. This makes it easy and looks fantastic. Great work.
quepaso

Postby rickster53 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi Bozster,

I remember you were doing some PS3 thumbnail work when we both frequented this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1117938&highlight=bozster, which you started! I also remember Dark Wizard contributing there as well. Guess we are a few of the old thumbnail pioneers for the PS3 (LOL). There were some excellent suggestions in that thread which you've incorporated into your new tool, which I'm glad to see you've managed to find the time to put together! There are some additional suggestions for template ideas there and here http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34&hilit=thumbnail&start=40, as well. Thanks again for the terrific effort!

rickster53 (aka rettenhu)
rickster53

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins