MP3 tags

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

MP3 tags

Postby LasseL » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:01 am

Hi
I have a big collection of music, a big collection.
To be able to search and find a specific album it wold be nice if PS3 could present information based on, for example, MP3 tags. Is there any plans for this.

If so.. at the moment I am using Tversity and there is a lot possibility to improve the way tags are displayed.........

The fundamental problem is that the content of the tags are not defined. This means that different systems are using AlbumArtist and Artist with different content. My favorite rip program dbPoweramp puts "the person/group where you would find the album in the record store" in the AlbumArtist tag,,, and the person actually performing on a specific track, in the Artist tag. Tversity gives you the possibility to search using Artist, but this makes it hard to find a specific album.

This means that of would be a great feature, to be able to customize the way you can traverse through the MP3 tags.... some examples..
Genres/AlbumArtis/Album
Genrest/Composer/Album
Rating/Genres/Album

The possibility are endless,, and it should be the user who selects......

//lasse
LasseL

Re: MP3 tags

Postby shagrath » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:44 am

did you enable the media library and launch a scan ?
shagrath
Project Lead

Re: MP3 tags

Postby LasseL » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:31 pm

shagrath wrote:did you enable the media library and launch a scan ?

Sorry about that,,, I did not observe that tag support already was implemented......

Is there any configuration implemented also (I've looked in the documentation,, but haven't found any "hints)

//regards
//lasse
LasseL

Return to Feature Suggestions