Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PS3 Media Server Cover Generator Application

Postby picchio_75 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:34 pm

Great
Thanks
picchio_75

Postby Dan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:57 pm

That's pretty neat and works very well, thanks. One improvement I would like to see is that when you click the Reset button, the reset should also apply to the preview. Otherwise, you end up with multiple images stacked one on top of the other.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Dan

Postby Bozster » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:31 am

Dan wrote:That's pretty neat and works very well, thanks. One improvement I would like to see is that when you click the Reset button, the reset should also apply to the preview. Otherwise, you end up with multiple images stacked one on top of the other.

I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean you end up with multiple images stacked one on top of the other? The reset buttons only resets your transformations on the big image you loaded in. When you apply cover it basically replaces the old image on the cover.
Bozster

Postby SJO[DK] » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi Bozster,
Great app. - thank you very much.
I can't see your donation-button ;)
SJO[DK]

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:28 pm

Bozster wrote:
Dan wrote:That's pretty neat and works very well, thanks. One improvement I would like to see is that when you click the Reset button, the reset should also apply to the preview. Otherwise, you end up with multiple images stacked one on top of the other.

I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean you end up with multiple images stacked one on top of the other? The reset buttons only resets your transformations on the big image you loaded in. When you apply cover it basically replaces the old image on the cover.

Try this:
1. Load a thumbnail image into the big window.
2. Size the image so that it's bigger than the window (use default 100 percent proportional slider position).
3. Press the Apply button.
4. Size the image again, but this time make it smaller than the window (50 percent proportional slider).
5. Press the Apply button again.

While this example was done to an extreme level, if you are seeing what I am seeing here with Firefox, you should see the smaller image (step 4) stacked on top of the bigger image (step 2) in the cover preview. To see four stacks, repeat steps 4 and 5, but use proportional positions of 75, 50 and 25 percent with each repeat. ;)

I have another improvement idea if you're interested.

Thanks.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Dan

Postby fluidman » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:14 pm

Thanks for this great tool.. works really nicely :-)

Can you maybe add another color for the case, ie. green and have it use the HDTV logo? for those of us that also have hdtv rips?

;-)

thanks in advance
fluidman

Postby Uridium » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Great application very impressed. I have a minor improvement suggestion though......

When saving the image you have created it defaults to a filename of "Cover.png", as I'm sure we all know for PS3MS to display the artwork on the PS3 it needs to be named either the same as the movie eg "moviefilename.png" or "moviefilename.cover.xxx.png". would it be possible to have the app generate the default filename the same as the Movie title you enter into the search string?

Not a biggie just though it would save a little typing and a margin for error when typing in the savefile name.
Uridium

Postby PlaystationFTW » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:06 pm

Please give us the option for 2D boxes!
PlaystationFTW

Postby Bozster » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:30 pm

PlaystationFTW wrote:Please give us the option for 2D boxes!

It's coming.. I am just very busy with real work..

I'll make 2D samples that are similar to XBMC, film reel template and a few more along with regular 2D display boxes with Blu-ray, DVD, HD DVD jewel cases.
Bozster

Postby Bozster » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:36 pm

Scheduled for Version 2.5:

- Further execution optimizations

- Several more templates for cover templates to offer more choices (XBMC, plain 2D with BD, HDDVD, DVD covers, Film Reel template and so on)

- Search existing covers created by users. This feature will track how you create covers with options and files you look for (anonymously of course), make a copy of your generated covers but it will allow users to search through the database of already premade covers by defining the template they want, name of the movie etc. This should allow those who don't want to make covers to search through a large number of already pre-made covers. This library could be possibly integrated within PS3MS directly and load covers based on your files. It would possibly require one addition to PS3MS when a user could generate a simple meta file for each movie that could be used to dynamically load covers based on options in the meta file. So it would become a really cool social tool where those who create covers for themselves also help those who don't and eventually create a large library of covers for use with PS3MS directly.

- Will try to allow more optimized application by pulling your list of files you want to create covers for, and it will be kind of like a playlist, the app will pull your list of movie files, load one by one as you process them, once you hit SAVE it will temporarily generate files on the server and continue with the next one in queue and once you are done it will zip all files and allow you to download with proper naming applied to your pngs.
Bozster

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins