Windows Service

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Windows Service

Postby damccull » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:26 am

Hello,
I have just started with this tool, and I saw the nifty "install as windows service" button in the program. I don't like having programs running in my taskbar all the time, so I clicked it, and got it running, and it seems to work ok, but it doesn't read the config that I set up with the non-service program. I understand this is because the config is under my user profile and the service runs as a different user. My question is this: Is there a way to pass a path to the service as it starts up that points to a P3MS configuration file, or if not, is there a separate file somewhere I can edit to change the configuration of the service version?

I do have a second question as well: How do I uninstall the service? :)

David
damccull

Re: Windows Service

Postby meskibob » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:36 am

There are two PMS.conf files for Vista/Win7 (b/c of UAC), one in the install directory (default under Program Files), and the other is in the Windows temp directory. Copy the up-to-date one over the other.

As for deleting the service, look at the sc command through the command prompt.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Windows Service

Postby damccull » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:21 am

Thanks, that actually helped a lot! :D
damccull

Return to General Help and Support