No video on Sony W5100, everything else works fine

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

No video on Sony W5100, everything else works fine

Postby cnorrick » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:39 am

First off, outstanding job on this software. I just got my first HDTV today and I'm loving it. It's even more fun with all the internet capability built into the Bravia W series and then add streaming from my iMac with PS3MS and what could be better? I'm really enjoying all this merging of technology.

Only one issue so far. I'm running a W5100 series TV connected right into my network and am running the 356 beta on an Intel iMac. The server shows up just fine on the TV and I can browse and display images and play mp3s. However when I browse my shared (and scanned) video folder each movie folder says "no items to display". I've got a wide variety of file types in there (.avi, videoTS, etc) and none of them will show up to even attempt to play. Any suggestions?

My forum search did turn up one hit that suggested that some DNLA settings in PS3MS may be set to european and offered a "patch" to convert them to US but it was geared for PC users as far as I could tell and I couldn't follow. I searched through the package contents and only saw the .conf files that looked to be editable and there was no reference to European settings in there.

Any help is welcomed to bring this up to full power for me. I know this is probably bleeding edge stuff for this software but it seems others have gotten it to work and I'm sure I've overlooked something simple.
cnorrick

Re: No video on Sony W5100, everything else works fine

Postby cnorrick » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:01 am

Any ideas on this from the Mac crowd?
cnorrick

Return to Mac OS X Support