r255 beta testing - weired results - BUG list:

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

r255 beta testing - weired results - BUG list:

Postby ExSport » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:32 pm

Hi Shagrath.
It seems that new parser is buggy at first try 8-) Here are my quick tests:
---------
Anything you add to Expert settings and will play video with mencoder, buffer will goes to minus and PS3 hanged on black picture.
Tried 3 examples mentioned in Expert settings. Same behaviour also when settings will not be applied. EDIT:This behaviour caused enabling not re-encoding AC3 as described in "P.S.".
---------
Maybe bug in your tsmuxer parsing code:
1.Example-MKV with 1st DTS and 2nd AC3 track(LPCM enabled,force AC3 disabled): Ac3 track played only, not possible switch to DTS

2.Example-MKV with 1st DTS and 2nd AC3 track(LPCM enabled,force AC3 enabled): DTS played as LPCM, AC3 possible to be switched via remote
When played or audio switched manually, error generated but movie continues ok:
Code: Select all
[Thread-212] TRACE 19:40:43.048 Exception in thread "Thread-212" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
[Thread-212] TRACE 19:40:43.050    at java.io.PipedInputStream.read(PipedInputStream.java:355)
[Thread-212] TRACE 19:40:43.050    at net.pms.util.H264AnnexBInputStream.getArray(H264AnnexBInputStream.java:125)
[Thread-212] TRACE 19:40:43.050    at net.pms.util.H264AnnexBInputStream.read(H264AnnexBInputStream.java:44)
[Thread-212] TRACE 19:40:43.051    at java.io.InputStream.read(InputStream.java:85)
[Thread-212] TRACE 19:40:43.051    at net.pms.io.PipeIPCProcess.run(PipeIPCProcess.java:76)
[win32/tsMuxeR.exe] TRACE 19:40:43.149 Process C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server\win32\tsMuxeR.exe has a return code of -4! Maybe an error occured... check the log file

3.Example-MKV with 1st AC3 and 2nd DTS track(LPCM enabled,force AC3 disabled):AC3 track played, DTS possible to be switched via remote, then plays as LPCM
When played or audio switched manually, error generated but movie continues ok: Error same as above.

Movie sample was same in all 3 test. I only changed priority of audio in container.
---------
Using MEncoder(also MEncoder MT):
When you play MKV with AC3, it played OK, after that you will try another one with DTS converted to LPCM.Played OK. Trying to play first video again or another one with AC3, it will fail. It seems that 1st using of LPCM conversion will deny playing AC3 after that but LPCM plays without problems. Weired.
Second shot, similar problem: When I played longer with switching between more MKVs with LPCM(DTS) and AC3 files, another problem arised. After a while it was irellevant what audio you choose, always(95% of my tries) were played as LPCM, also AC3 tracks...calling LPCM re-coding will do something weired and influence all next played videos.
---------
It is possible somehow tune this sample? There is a DTS and AC3 audio(I am ignoring commentary in OGG Vorbis).
When you play it with MEncoder+A/V sync enabled ===> DTS is ok,synced but AC3 is shifted or maybe plays at different fps as Video, so totally unsynced. Maybe video at 23.976 and audio at 25(audio is from PAL source)
If you disable A/V sync, both DTS and AC3 are played synced but with AC3 it is choppy. It is possible to to find optimal MEncoder parameters?
When it is played via tsMuxer, AC3 audio is not synced(shifted of different fps?) It is possible somehow change m2ts header to 25(audio) instead of 23.976(video) so video will be synced? tsMuxer supports it.
An example: http://rapidshare.com/files/177652637/Hell.mkv.html

Many thanks Shagrath!!!!!

P.S.
Big impact on my testing above have also settings "Remux when audio track is in AC3(no reencoode)".
When enabled, tsMuxer is unstable and fall down(MEncoder was used on video file). :roll:
Will repeat testing when this feature will be disabled if something will change.
ExSport

Re: r255 beta testing - weired results - BUG list:

Postby shagrath » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:28 pm

I got your sample and it's somewhat crippled: the ac3 track need to be resynchronized (a simple stream copy would induce A/V out of sync)
the thing is that will be hard to support every badly encoded mkv in the world... sometimes you could buy the bluray, right ?
Also, the java error have no impact, I fix that this morning, it only happens at the end of the video
one last thing: for multi audio tracks, enable LPCM and not AC3 muxing in tsmuxer conf panel is a no go: I will force AC3 remux if LPCM is checked in the future.
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby ExSport » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:31 pm

I am testing windows version ;)
Also there is a bug maybe in parser that after a while(checking more files and audio channels in few minutes) incorrect audio is played. I tried to switch between 3 audio tracks(MEncoder) and always same track was played so I choosed CHN 2.0 AC3 language but ENG LPCM 5.1 was played, tried VORBIS 2.0, again LPCM 5.1 ENG.
It was identical file, but different options(audios) from #Transcode# folder :roll:
ExSport

Postby ExSport » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:34 pm

shagrath wrote:I got your sample and it's somewhat crippled:...

I tested another 10 MKV and they are not crippled,same results.
Also this sample is not crippled, only problem is that video seems to be 23.976 and audio is 25fps. Changing header in file working ok on PC but when you re-mux/re-encode it, then it loose synchronization or it is synced but jerrky. 8-)
ExSport

Postby shagrath » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:38 pm

ExSport wrote:
shagrath wrote:I got your sample and it's somewhat crippled:...

I tested another 10 MKV and they are not crippled,same results.
Also this sample is not crippled, only problem is that video seems to be 23.976 and audio is 25fps. Changing header in file working ok on PC but when you re-mux/re-encode it, then it loose synchronization or it is synced but jerrky. 8-)

yeah and how can I guess it's 25 fps ?
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby ExSport » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:42 pm

shagrath wrote:... sometimes you could buy the bluray, right ?

More than 25BD-R I have at home, 10 movies and 15 documents? 8-) Maybe more...some of them have only english so I add my native audio to them manually ;)
shagrath wrote:Also, the java error have no impact, I fix that this morning, it only happens at the end of the video

I know that it had no influence on playing 8-)
shagrath wrote:one last thing: for multi audio tracks, enable LPCM and not AC3 muxing in tsmuxer conf panel is a no go: I will force AC3 remux if LPCM is checked in the future.

I tried all possible combinations to eliminate or find problems ;)
My first try was with LPCM and AC3 remuxing already enabled 8-)
Then I tried to isolate what exactly do this weired behaviour so I enabled and disabled what was possible in all combinations so I am now litte bit puzzled :mrgreen:
Last edited by ExSport on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ExSport

Postby ExSport » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:48 pm

shagrath wrote:yeah and how can I guess it's 25 fps ?

I wrote it if you know some formula to MEncoder how to synchonize it together, if you know :P
I already mentioned that it is maybe because NTSC video and PAL audio so in first case it is unsynced and in second maybe video tries to catch up audio and then it is choppy.
All other my tests were on different MKV files, but always with DTS track because this one will mess the rest. Other tests have nothing with 23.976/25 synchronization.
But as I said, try your MKV file which have first DTS audio and second one is AC3. Only one audio will be present when played as remuxed.
If you change priority, then both files are included in container and PS3 see them both :roll:
P.S.
Hell.mkv file was only mentioned as an example for testing synced 23.976/25 video/audio tracks, if there exists some formula which will work in your great PMS soft :)
I know that other option is remove 25fps AC3 audio, use eac3to on them to change it to 23.976 and then sync it back again. But you know.....
ExSport

Postby ExSport » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:19 am

Sorry Shagrath but I have to confirm my older testings.
Another files(first audio is DTS,second one AC3), same test - using MEncoder:
- when LPCM and AC3 remuxing disabled: DTS played as AC3, AC3 re-encoded to AC3, both play OK
- when LPCM disabled and AC3 remuxing enabled: DTS played as AC3, AC3 played without re-encoding as AC3, both play OK
- when LPCM and AC3 remuxing enabled: AC3 played without re-encoding as AC3, DTS played as LPCM, AC3 didn't played - data corrupted
You can see here, that playing is OK until LPCM was outputed. After that when you will try AC3, buffer is negative=black picture or data corrupted after a while. But first track with DTS plays without problems as LPCM when retry was done.
- when LPCM enabled and AC3 remuxing disabled: AC3 played re-encoded as AC3, DTS played as LPCM, AC3 played as LPCM, AC3 played as LPCM, DTS played as LPCM, AC played as LPCM
I know that this combination is not correct as you said but you can see here that something wrong started at the point when LPCM was played.

Now same test with tsMuxeR:
- when LPCM and re-encode all AC3 disabled: DTS track is ignored, only AC3 played without re-encoding as AC3. Only one audio track present
- when LPCM disabled and re-encode all AC3 enabled: DTS played as AC3, AC3 played without re-encoding as AC3. Audio is switchable via remote
- when LPCM and re-encode all AC3 enabled: DTS played as LPCM, AC3 played without re-encoding as AC3. Audio is switchable via remote but sometimes it will hang when you are switching between LPCM and AC3 track
- when LPCM enabled and re-encode all AC3 disabled: DTS track is ignored, AC3 played without re-encoding as AC3. But when you revert order of audio tracks in container(AC3 first, DTS second) then AC3 played without re-encoding as AC3, DTS played as LPCM . Audio is switchable via remote but sometimes it will hang when you are switching between LPCM and AC3 track

Hope it is clear now:-)
Also found in another test that hell.mkv audio(when using tsMuxer) is in different fps because when I rewind/goto, video was for few secs synced and after that not, so same question for you Shagrath as with MEncoder, it is possible somehow force fps when tsMuxer is used to set 25fps(audio) instead of 23.976fps(video) in m2ts container so PS3 will play it synced?
Again many thanks. 8-)

Forgot to mention: Combination of EXPERT SETTINGS and "remux when audio track is AC3(no reencode)" enabled doesn't work. When optin is disabled, video plays OK with expert settings changed :idea:
ExSport

Postby ExSport » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:35 pm

Reproduced someone same behavior as me with nonpublic/selfcompiled r255(v.1.04)? I don't think that it is due my files but same behaviour for all files, tried download some mkv samples max 50-10MB and always same behavior so I suppose it is in new parser...Shagrath? :)
Thx
ExSport

Postby shagrath » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:46 pm

ExSport wrote:Reproduced someone same behavior as me with nonpublic/selfcompiled r255(v.1.04)? I don't think that it is due my files but same behaviour for all files, tried download some mkv samples max 50-10MB and always same behavior so I suppose it is in new parser...Shagrath? :)
Thx

forget about LPCM muxing for now... until I've solved the issue 108... there'a seek from the ps3 everytime you switch of audio channel
shagrath
Project Lead

Next

Return to General Help and Support