Restore PS3 Media Server system Icon after Explorer Crash!!

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Restore PS3 Media Server system Icon after Explorer Crash!!

Postby gate1975mlm » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:15 pm

Can you please make PS3 Media Server restore its system tray icon next to the clock when ever Windows Explorer crashes?

Here is how you do it.

If you are writing any application which adds an icon to the Taskbar notification area, it’s recommend to handle the “WM_TASKBARCREATED” the message sent by explorer. This message is sent by explorer when it’s creating the taskbar. As after crash explorer doesn’t remember the original notification icons, you should handle this message and then re-register your application notification icon.

To capture this message, you must first register it like this:

const static UINT WM_TASKBARCREATED = ::RegisterWindowMessage(__T(”TaskbarCreated”));

Once it’s registered, you should handle this in your Windows Callback Procedure to re-add the icon for your application in the notification area. Something like this:

// Check if the Taskbar is just being created. This message is broadcast by the Explorer
// when it’s launched (after any crash)
if (message == WM_TASKBARCREATED)
{
// Add the code to re-add your application in the notification area.
}

Simple, but yet effective. What do you think?

http://syedgakbar.wordpress.com/2008/07 ... rer-crash/

Lots of software I use can restore it own icon after a crash Examples Skype, Foolbar2000,Phonetray, Weather Watcher Live and even ATI Catalyst icon.

I really hope you can add this simpe fix to PS3 Media Server :)
gate1975mlm

Re: Restore PS3 Media Server system Icon after Explorer Cras

Postby gate1975mlm » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:07 pm

I am not sure when this was fixed but I just notest that after Windows Explorer crashes now the PS3 Media Server icon now is recoverd on its own :)
I am using PS3 Media Server (SubJunk Build) 1.50.0-SB51

Thanks for fixing this!
gate1975mlm

Return to Feature Suggestions